Chapter 14

mimi drunk her tea.

"So basically, you are saying that you are in love with kiki?
you guys have been spending a lot of time together.. from missions, to errands, and to events of people with power.. but..it's about to be 7pm. So you and kiki got to go soon."

"I know.. I know. But I had to talk to you about it. Since I don't know how to confess to her and that she's a busy and aloof person to speak to.
ever since that war. she been different and quiet. I guess it's understandable considering that she has been through a lot. and I can understand. so I may have to wait until I can buy time to confess or let her figure it out on her own time."

"Yeah, just let her think about it at her own pace. I witnessed everything when I was with her in that discontinued game. To her..
Getting shreddered with ouroboros's weapons. being near death.
And witnessing a game server fall right in front of our eyes like some sort of weird digital world. I'm not gonna explain it much but..I'm going to bring her up again just in case."

she put down her tea, turning serious so suddenly.

"ouroboros is an odd specimen. a girl that had been wasted and betrayed by her goal she been aiming for her entire life. but she's also highly dangerous. equally dangerous as kiki's current strength.
she had killed, broken, and destroyed many just to have a single grasp of her goal.
I still remember when she did some kind of move or command to destory japan and the world. and she also succeeded. releasing poison into the air, and it spread across the entire world. Like I said. I wouldn't explain it too much.
So back to your feelings for kiki.
let her take it at her own pace. and try not to get too intimate with her. just give her kisses on the head and try to be there for her the best that you can. I think she's about to go into a relapse."

"Thank you♡ I'm about to go to this banquet, so I will be back when it's over. I have a question before I go."

"What is it?"

"What were you like in the past? And how did you meet kiki?"

she put her chopsticks in the hips of mochi and ate it.

"ehm, I was a bit...
How can I say this..?
cringe. Since I couldn't handle much of that discontinued game and how everything sounds and feels so real. even the animals can injure me like an actual wild animal. I only met kiki since I had no guilds to join in, and I found her to be cool.
Also, I didn't want to die so early in the game without any allies to trust. and malori. her words are the only reason why I wanted to get stronger. mentally and physically. so that's the whole thing. but I never knew one person I met in a VR RPG game would impact my life so much. I wasn't mad that I was part of a war, but it's kinda nice to see people care and fight alongside you. like a isekai anime."

he smiled warmly to her development.

"I never expected you to be a pro at romance."

"Being in a relationship with Sakura is living the good life. I'm not gonna describe it since it may seem like I'm bragging. but she's hot. so that's all there is to it♡"

"Alright. thanks for being so open. I needed someone to talk to since suiki, Sakura, and soryorang are always busy and don't have enough time to speak◇"

he left with kiki down the hall, with her hair tied as a toast to her outfit.

"Oh, vlad. they told me the location to the banquet. It's in the shanxxi province of China. she did some special deal crap to hold an event there. so let's go."

"Ehm kiki."

"Hold up a second.."

she took off her hair tie and put in a neat, messy bun.