𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

I STAND BESIDE THE YELLOW BUS, BAG IN HAND. Peter jogs over to us and Abraham yells out. "Hey it's Peter." The British man says. "I was hoping, maybe I could rejoin the team." He asks Liz, breathless. "No, no way. You can't quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone." Flash marches up to Peter and Mr. Harrington descends from the bus steps.

"Hey Peter, welcome back! Flash, you're back to first alternate." Flash gasps. "What?" He asks. "He's taking your place." I tell him and Abraham laughs from beside me. "Excuse me, can we go already? Cause I was hoping to get in some protesting in front of an embassy before dinner, so." MJ tells Mr. Harrington.

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus." Flash pulls off his blazer and throws it towards Peter.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"Focus up everyone. Our next topic is the moons of Saturn. What is the closest moon to Saturn." I press on the bell. "Prometheus." Liz nods at me. "That's is correct Tamsyn." Liz looks down at her cards.

I feel my phone vibrate and pick it up. "Excuse me, can I take this?" I ask Liz who nods at me. I move from my seat and walk towards the back of the bus. Happy's contact pops up. "I got a blip here on my screen. You left New York?" Happy asks me. "I told Tony that I was going on a school trip, he said that it was fine. And stop tracking me, it's creepy." Happy hums.

"What is it?" He asks me and I slot myself down on a spare seat in the back of the bus. "It's just the Academic Decathlon." I tell him. "It sounds like no big deal, but remember, I'm watching you."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I stand beside MJ and we walk inside the large building. "Okay everyone, stick together." Liz calls out. "Are you kidding me? This place is huge." Charles gasps and stares around in awe. "I've seen bigger." Flash arrogantly calls out and walks past us. "Are you kidding me, there's a bird in here." Abraham taps me and points towards the pigeon.

I nod at it before turning my attention to Peter and Ned. "You did bring your laptop right?" I ask Ned who nods. "Good, I need to use it."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I knock on the door of Peter and Ned's shared room. I hear footsteps and Peter greets me. "Hey, come on in." He moves to the side and lets me enter. I step inside and slowly slot myself down onto one of the beds. I grab my backpack and carefully remove the purple energy source.

I put that down on the bed and grab my new suit. "Oh cool! You got a new suit." Peter gushed and I turn the suit inside out. "Yep, I'm just gonna disable the tracking device. Happy's stalking me." I raise my eyebrows and stare down at the mechanism. "That reminds me, I need to do the same to mine." I grab a screw driver from the bed and take a flashlight from my bag, holding it in my mouth.

I twist at one of the screws and the device clips off. "Why are we removing the tracker from your suits?" Ned asks us and I hand the screw driver to Peter. "I gotta follow there guys to their boss before they move again." Peter tells him before mumbling under his breath. "I really don't want Mr. Stark to know about it." I slightly chuckle.

"I can find them, if you want. Tony wants me to help." I tell Peter but he shakes his head. "We're a team, right? We should do this together." My mind replays the word, team, and my chest tightens slightly. I clear my throat and avert my gaze. "Sure, but don't slow me down." I mumble under my breath.

"Can you disable this?" I take the tracking device from my suit and hand it to Ned. He catches it before plugging a wire inside it and connecting it to his computer. "Let me know when your ready, Peter." I step up and grab my suit before walking out of the room, leaving the energy source on the bed.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I zip up a jacket and tug the hood over my head. I lean against the wood railing and Peter steps out of the room. "You ready?" I ask him and he nods. "Yeah, they're moving, we have to hurry." I nod my head and Liz comes rushing past us. "Perfect timing." She whispers. "We're going swimming." The rest of the academic decathlon team comes running past us, all except MJ.

"I was, uh-" I cut Peter's mumbling off. "We're going to study in the business centre." I tell her. "You guys don't need to study, your like the smartest people I've ever met." The compliment makes me resist a smile. "And besides, a rebellious group activity the day before competition is good for morale." I hum, confused.

"I heard it in a TED talk." Liz mumbles, embarrassed. "This is really important to you." I tell her and she smiles at me. "Yeah, it's our future. Besides, we raided the minibar and these candy bars were, like, eleven dollars. So get your swimming costumes on and come on." She throws a candy bar at Peter and I before rushing after everyone.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

914 Words

A/N- even though I'm getting 0 reads, I still enjoy writing this.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 22 | 04 | 24 |