𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

MY PHONE RINGS AS WE STEP INTO THE HOTEL IN PRAGUE. "Hello?" I say and Maria Hill's voice greets me. "It's Hill, there's an earpiece with your suit. Put it on and await further instructions. Understood?" She asks me. "Yes, ma'am." I tell her and she hangs up. She didn't use my name. She doesn't know it. So how did Mr. Beck know it?

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"That thing is going to be here in a couple of hours." Nick says and stares at Peter who zoned out. "Are we boring you?" The man asks. "He's not bored." I tell Nick Fury and he looks at me. "He's just thinking how you kidnapped us, and our entire class." I say to him and fold my arms over my chest.

"You had obstacles, I removed them." He says to be and Maria turns away from a computer. "They still won't evacuate the city." She says and places her hands on her hips. "Idiots." Fury mumbles. "So what's the plan Parker- and sorry, what is your name?" Fury looks at me as he awaits my answer. There will be no harm coming from my name.

It's dangerous still, but not as dangerous anymore. "Tamsyn Callahan." I watch as Nick Fury masks his shock with a blank face. But I can see it in his eyes. I know he doesn't think I saw his complete and utter shock, but I did. "So, what's the plan Callahan?" He clears his throat. "We'll be in the Cathedral Tower keeping watch for the fire monster." I start and edge Peter to continue.

"When it shows up I'll radio you guys, and then Mr. Beck will-" Peter gets cut off. "My name is Mysterio." Mr. Beck says to Peter who smiles at the words. "That's when Mysterio, Tam and I will move in." Peter says with a smile on his lips. "Peter, listen to me." Beck says. "The best hope you have, the only hope, is to stop it here now, no matter what the cost." Peter steps closer to Beck.

"Manoeuvre it away from civilians if you can, but most important, keep it away from metal. If it gets too big, it'll be able to draw power from the Earth's core. After that, there's no way to stop it." I take a glance at Fury who looks at Hill. I feel they notice there's something by suspicious about Beck.

"Hey, my friends are here and I can't help but think we're putting them in danger." Peter expresses his fear to the man. "You're worried about us hurting your friends?" Nick Fury asks as he pushes himself to stand. "You, who called a drone strike on your own school tour bus?" Nick stands directly opposite Peter who looks down, ashamed.

"Stark gave you a multibillion-dollar A.R. tactical intelligence system, and the first thing you do with it is try and blow up your friends. It's clear to me that you were not ready for this. Your friend on the other hand is, Stark told me a lot about the other kid."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I swing myself up onto the roof where Peter sits. "You alright?" I stand up and sit myself down beside him. Peter stares at the lights coming from the city. "He didn't mean it, okay?" I say to Peter and wind blows through my Afro. I gently lace my fingers through his.

"You are ready for this, Peter. Tony knew, he knew you would be a good hero someday." I try and reassure him with my words. "You are meant for this, Peter. Don't listen to Fury, he doesn't know anything — didn't even know my name." I rub my thumb over his knuckles before placing a kiss on them. He turns his head to look at me and his cheeks are rosy as he stares at me with wide eyes.

I smile at him slightly and cup a hand around his cheek before pressing my lips gently to his. His lips are soft against mine and he moves to wrap an arm around my waist. I hear a throat clearing and let out a sigh as I move away from my boyfriend. "Fury asked me to come up here and see how you were doing." I look between Peter and Mysterio before deciding to stand.

"I'll give you both a minute." I smile at Peter before swinging off the roof and landing to the ground.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

749 Words

A/N- I'm starting to like this fic again.

But will you guys be honest and let me know if you like this fic? It's not one of my best and I genuinely want to know if you like it.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 31 | 5 | 24 |