𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6

MY SPIDER SUIT COVERS MY BODY AND THE BOAT RIDES SLOWLY DOWN A CANAL. "Stark left these for you." Nick hands Peter a glasses case. "And he had these made for you." He grabs another case and passes it to me. I open it and inside are a pair of glasses, similar to the ones Tony used to wear.

"'Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown'. Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference." The man scoffs and the boat comes to a stop.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"You both can lose the mask. Everyone here has seen you without it. You'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through spandex for no good reason. And everyone here knows of your past at Hydra," Nick glances at me and we walk into a room. I look at the computers and agents that cover the inside of the room. Peter pulls his mask from his face and his dark hair pops out messily. My mask flickers from my face.

I follow after Nick and he motions towards people. "Over there, we have Maria Hill." The woman glances up from her computer. "That is Dimitri." His gun loads. "And this is Mr. Beck." I look at the man dressed in Mysterio's clothing and he turns around to look at Peter and I.

"Mysterio?" Peter asks with a furrowed brow. "What?" The man replies. "Sorry, it's just what my friends have been calling you." I walk towards the man and we shake hands. "Well, you can call me Quentin." He shakes hands with Peter also.

"You handled yourself well out there today, both of you. I saw what you did with the tower. We could use you both on my world." He turns around. "Thanks- I'm sorry. Your world?" Peter asks in confusion. "Mr. Beck is from earth. Just not yours." I frown at his words.

"What? He's from somewhere in the Multiverse? It's real?" Mr. Beck nods at my words. "That's right, Tamsyn." I didn't tell him my name. Nor Nick. They don't know my name because I'm not on any database's. My entire existence was erased to protect and keep me hidden.

"This is Earth Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833." My eyes thin. I glare slightly at the man.
"I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse. 'Cause I thought that was theoretical." Peter says and steps towards the man.

"How does that even work with all the Quantum Physics? Does this mean that there's an Omniverse?" I keep my gaze sharp and harsh on the man.

"I mean that completely changes how we understand the initial singularity- we're talking about an eternal inflation system- it's insane." Peter rambles fascinated.

Maria and Nick shoot him looks. "S-Sorry. It's really cool." He says sheepishly. "Don't ever apologise for being the smartest in the room." He says to Peter and I clear my throat. That stung, deep within me. "Oh, I-I'm not. Tamsyn is much smarter than me. When she gets talking, you should see how long she can talk about the theory of relativity." Maria lets out a slight scoff at Peter's words.

"Anyway." She presses a button and a holographic machine shows a black hole. "They were both in stable orbits within black holes. Creatures formed from the primary elements. Air, water, fire, earth. The science Division had a technical name. We just called them Elementals." Mr. Beck says to Peter and I.

"Versions of them exist across our mythologies." Maria says with folded arms. A frown covers my face as I watch the holograph. "Turns out, the myths are real." I don't believe him. There's something about him I don't trust.

"Like Thor. Thor was a myth, now I study him in my physics class." Peter points out. "These myths are threats." Nick walks to stand beside Mr. Beck. "They first materialised on my earth many years ago. We mobilised and fought them but with each battle, they grew, got stronger. I was part of the last battalion left trying to stop them. All we did was delay the inevitable." He looks down as fire scorches the holographic earth.

"The elementals are here now, attacking the same coordinates. Our satellites confirm it." Maria says to us. "So thank Mr. Beck for destroying the other three. There's only one left: fire." Nick says. "The strongest of them all. The one that destroyed my earth. It's the one that took my family." He twists his wedding ring around on his finger and the burning holographic earth crumbles and vanishes.

"I'm sorry." Peter says quietly. I take his hand and interlock our fingers. "And it will be in Prague in approximately 48 hours." Maria spins a charm on her necklace. "We have one mission: kill it. And you're coming with us." Nick's gaze moves and falls on me.

"Tony said you had history with killing things: people. Is that true?" He doesn't say my name, because he doesn't know it. "Yes, I was experimented on by Hydra four years ago. They turned me into a weapon and it resulted in over a thousand people getting killed by me." Peter stiffens beside me slightly.

He knows of my past, what I was made to do. But I think the number shocked him. "I'm sorry, did you say Prague?" Peter asks them and squeezes my hand. "Mr. Fury, this all seems like big time, you know, huge superhero kind of stuff. And, I mean, I'm just a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man, sir."

"Bitch, please. You've been to space." Nick points out and I stifle a laugh. "I know, but that was an accident. Sir, come on. There's gotta be someone else you can use." Peter moves to stand opposite the man. "What about Thor?" Peter asks. "Off-World." Nick says. "Okay, um. Doctor Strange." Peter barely gets his words out before Maria cuts him off. "Unavailable."

"What about Captain Marvel?" Peter asks the man with an eyepatch. "Don't invoke her name." Peter looks down. "Sir, look, I really wanna help. I do. But if my aunt finds out I left my class trip, she'll kill me." Peter says to the man. "And then she'll kill me." I add and move to stand beside my boyfriend.

"If I'm seen in Europe after the Washington Monument, my whole class will figure out who I am, and then— Tam will kill me. And the whole world will figure out who I am, and then I'm done." He rambles out. "Okay." The sitting man says softly. "I understand." He adds.

"Okay, what?" Peter asks with a frown. "Why don't you get back before your teachers miss you and become suspicious." He smiles sickly before his gaze turns to me. "We're a package deal." He nods with a hum. "Dimitri. Take them back to the hotel please." Peter thanks the man and we walk away.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1157 Words

A/N- this isn't edited 💗

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare