𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

I WAIT BESIDE A YELLOW BUS AND WATCH AS EVERYONE HUGS THEIR PARENTS. I awkwardly roll back and forth on my heels. Peter's aunt walks over to him and wraps her arms around him. I haven't had the chance to thank him yet. May slowly let's go of Peter and walks over to me.

"You okay, honey?" She asks me and I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm okay." She smiles and rubs a hand along my arm. "Come here." She opens her arms and pulls me into a hug. I hesitate, but hug her back. I feel my body stiffen slowly and memories of Hydra flash through my mind. Of what they did to me.

"Ah, experiment number #197, my little Venomous Spider."

I pull back and look around quickly, before realising it was all in my head. I clear my throat. "Thank you." May smiles at me and turns to Peter, who stares at me. I lock eyes with him and May looks between us. "You know what, I'll talk to Ned for a moment." I walk over to Peter.

"Thank you." I say and he chuckles slightly, his cheeks blushing. "It's nothing." He rubs at the back of his neck, before looking around in an awkward silence. He lifts up his thumb's to point where he's going to go and slowly mumbles under his breath.

He starts to walk away but I grip his wrist gently. "It's not nothing, you saved my life. Thank you, I mean it." I let go and he looks at me. I slip my hands into the back pockets of my jeans. He nods his head before walking away. And I'm left with a tight chest and butterflies swirling around my stomach.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I sit inside detention with my arms folded around each other. Peter sits himself beside me and Captain America plays on the screen. I grab my school bag, and turn to Peter. I turn my head to the door and he nods his head, picking up his bag.

We walk out of the room and he heads over to a row of lockers. "What are you doing?" I ask him and he crouched down to lift the row of lockers up, revealing a small box filled with bottled labelled: Web Fluid.

"You missed the Spanish test." I say and he looks at me before sighing slightly. "Yeah, I got called in by the principal for him to tell me I have detention." I hum along. "Scared you might fall behind?" He shakes his head. "I might be top of the class now." He chuckles slightly.

"Are you still doing that? Proving your better?" We walk outside of the school. "I guess so." I mutter slowly and we walk along the sidewalk. "Why were you?" I see a figure walking towards us and freeze. My hair stands up and I feel panic rush through my body. I rush towards an alley way and breathe heavily. My mother walks past the alley way and I sigh.

"Who was that?" I brush a hand over my face and lean my back against the brick wall. "My mother." My voice gets trapped in my throat and I shudder, before the flashbacks take over my mind. I zone out, staring at my hands. I can hear my younger self's scream, I can feel the pain, I can feel it all.

A hand reaches forward and placed a hand on my cheek. "Hey, are you okay?" The hand turns my head upwards and I lock eyes with Peter. He moves his hand away. I clear my throat and wipe my cloudy eyes. "My mother was forcing me to be the best in our school, and when someone beat me, she used to..." I can't form the words and feel a shiver crawl down my spine.

"She used to hurt me, however she saw fit." Peter's eyes widen. "A belt, starvation, strangulation, and more. She used to lock me in my room, and she wouldn't let me out unless I became top of the class." Before I know it, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. My heart beats quickly and he rests his head on top of mine.

"I'm so sorry Tamsyn." He whispers and holds me close to him. I slowly move my arms around his back. I let out a sigh. "It's fine. It was two years ago." Peter pulls away. "Do you want to come over to my place, I'm sure May won't mind." I nod my head slowly.

"Yeah, that would be nice."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

772 Words

A/N- Omg I've actually got a reader. Hiii!!!

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 23 | 4 | 24 |