𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

I FOLD MY ARMS OVER MY CHEST AND PETER CROUCHES DOWN AND WATCHES EVERYONE INSIDE THE POOL. "If you want, I can do this on my own. And you can chill in the pool." Peter looks at me and smiles slightly but shakes his head. "No, I, have to do this." Peter says before turning his head back to the pool.

I follow his gaze and it lands on Liz. I suck on my tongue and turn my head. I click my tongue. "Are you coming or what?" He snaps out of his daze and stands up. I shove the red mask over my face and Peter does the same. "Good evening, Tamsyn." The suits voice calls out. "Hey, Emma." I say to her and adjust my eyes to my suit.

"Peter put a tracker on someone, can you locate it." I ask her. "Tracker located." Emma tells me and I see it in the distance. "Plotting course to intercept target. I look down at the ground and swing onto the back of a truck passing by. Peter lands beside me and my jaw clenches. Why am I jealous?

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"Only one hundred meters away from the target." Emma tells me and I look at the ground beneath me. "Jump now." She says and I flip from the truck. I land on the green grass and climb onto a tree. "Detecting three individuals." She tells me and I swing into a fence. "Can you tell me what they're saying." I ask and in seconds, I can hear their conversation.

"I got the gauntlet from the Lagos cleanup. The rest is all my design."

"I can't believe they're still cleaning up that Triskelion mess."

"I love it. They keep making messes, we keep getting rich."

The infrared makes me see who's talking. "Whoa, there in the middle of a heist, I can catch them red handed." Peter mutters in awe and lands beside me. "I'm going to get closer." I tell him and swing onto the roof of the gas station.

Peter swings after me but falls on his face. I turn around and he face plants on the floor. "He's an idiot." Emma tells me and I agree with her. I keep the infrared on and stare at the three people in the truck underneath me. Peter tries to swing up but his webs get electrified. I sigh and wrap a web around his stomach to pull him into the roof. "Do not screw this up." I grit out and point a finger towards him.

The bird man flies in from the sky and fires two gadgets onto the roof of one of the three trucks which pass by. Purple lasers cut through the roof of the truck and the bird man drops from his wings into the truck. I swing onto the truck and lay myself against the side of it. I fire a web at the wings and it gets stuck in one of the propellers.

I carefully pull the mask up over my lips and venom pools in between my mouth. I spit outwards and the venom cuts through one of the supports holding the wings up. I shove the mask down over my face and jump onto the top of the van. Peter snatches the bird man's bag and he looks at us.

He jumps back and attaches onto his wings. "Oh god." Peter mumbles and I launch webs at the flying man's engines. He flies past us, only one wing working. I jump over him but Peter gets knocked down into the container. I launch another web before he turns his body to hit me with his smoking wings. I flip my body and he spins around before hitting me with one of his wings, knocking me into the crate.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

643 Words

A/N- I had plans with my friend today and she cancelled five minutes before I was supposed to meet her.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 22 | 04 | 24 |