𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 9

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

MY HEAD POUNDS AND THE WORLD SWIRLS AROUND ME. My eyes burn and are squeezed tight. The area around me shakes and I slowly push myself up. "You appear to have a mild concussion." Emma tells me into my ear and I grip onto metal boxes to help me stand. Peter pushes himself to stand beside me.

"Can you see where I am?" I ask Emma, looking around the metal boxes. "I'm not sure. The container walls are hindering my sensors." I climb onto a metal container and push my hands along the roof of the area surrounding me. "They must've hijacked the truck and taken us to their evil lair." Peter tells me, looking around.

I push on the roof and it pops off. I swing out of it and Peter breaks through the door. "You know you could've just swung out." I tell him and he grips into his head. Crates surround us. "Emma, can you track me now?" I ask the A.I woman in my suit. "Yes, you are in the most secure facility on the Eastern Seaboard. The Damage Control deep-storage vault."

Peter swings onto the door and tries to pry it open. "That's not going to work." He looks at me and hops down. "The concrete is too thick and too wide, our best bet is to wait until tomorrow." He nods his head in thought. I look around and string a web between two crates I sit myself in between them and rest my arms behind my head. "Don't take your mask off." I tell Peter and he webs himself beside me.

My head is pulsing and Peter mutters on about what to call his suit lady. He swings around the area before lying on top of one of the crates. "Should I tell Liz I'm Spider-Man?" He whispers to himself and I call out, "absolutely not." I swing up and land beside him. "You can't tell anyone else, it's bad enough that he knows." I don't risk saying Ned's name.

"How long have we been here anyway?" He asks Karen, finally deciding on his suit lady's name. "Thirty seven minutes." He swings down into a crate and I look at the time lock connected to the door. I sigh and swing over to it. I attach a venomous web and it burns off the cover. "Hey what you doing?" Peter asks me and I scan my eyes around the inside of the box. "Getting us out of here."

"Emma, can you lower the voltage but increase current? I'm going to go through the codes." There's a code box attached to a wire and I remove the cover of it. The wires attach together, twice. One for the time, and two for the password.

It's morning, so the only code that could fit is the record one attached to the wires. I put in the cover and press in the code. The concrete doors open and I hope to the ground. "You're awesome." Peter tells me. "Thanks." I swing out of the room and attach myself onto a truck, Peter lands beside me. I lay my stomach onto it, hiding my body as much as possible.

We make it onto the freeway and I sit up. Peter fumbles around for a phone. "Ned! Call me back! The glowy thing is a bomb!" My eyes widen slightly. "Karen, can you get us to the decathlon as fast as possible." I see a car approaching and it over takes the truck.

I grab Peter's hand and jump onto the back of the car.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

As we swing onto a bus, I see a gift shop. I web up a flannel top and jeans, along with black shoes. "They're going inside the Washington monument, I'll make sure their safe." I look at Peter and his phone rings. "Don't worry, Liz will be fine." I hop of the bus and hide behind a bush and put on the clothes. I fold up my mask and shove it into my back pocket. I walk forward, quickly and see the group there.

"Hello Tamsyn. Are you feeling better." I look over at M.J who turns her head slightly. "Yes, I'm sorry I couldn't make it, I felt really bad this morning." Mr. Harrington smiles at me. "It's quite alright, M.J filled me in." I nod my head to her in appreciation and Mr. Harrington looks down at my hands. "What's with the gloves?" They aren't gloves, it's part of my suit. I play it off.

"So I don't touch anything and make anyone else sick." He nods his head and we walk inside the building. I walk over to Ned, who's on the phone with Peter. Liz takes the phone from his hands and I walk through a scanner. Then into an elevator and listen to a woman mumble about the Washington Monument. I lean over and whisper into Ned's ear. "The glowy thing is a bomb, and any second, it could go off." As the words leave my mouth, a beam of purple leaves his back back, shattering the area around us.

The elevator halts and the glass breaks. He slips the backpack off his back and I look at the laser burnt through roof. "We're freaking screwed." A voice calls out and I look around. "We have to get out, Ned boost me up." I step onto his hand and push off the area of a door on the roof. "Someone, climb out." I call out, planting my knee up so someone can climb out.

"Miss, we're safe here." I see a wire break up the top. I turn my head to the woman. "I don't want to alarm anyone, but one of the wires broke, we have to get out." I hold a hand out and help Abraham out. Flash pushes himself up, along with the trophy and forces the elevator to shake.

I push him up and help Charles out, then Cindy. "Who's next?" I turn to Liz and Mr. Harrington. The elevator falls down slightly before crashing down entirely. Peter crashes inside and webs onto the top of the cart. The doors open and Ned, Liz and Mr. Harrington goes rushing out. The movement causes the elevator to fall.

The wind flows past my hair and Peter webs onto my suited hand. I look up at him and he pulls me up towards him. "Thanks." I say breathlessly, and he looks at me, upside down. My heart beats quickly inside my chest and he keeps his gaze on me. The webs supporting him break and he falls down the shaft. "Thank you!" Mr. Harrington calls out and Peter disappears into the bottom of the shaft.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1130 Words

A/N- Thank you for reading!

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 22 | 04 | 24 |