𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 16

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

I CLUTCH MY LEG TIGHTLY. My blood pours through my fingers. My phone rings and I answer it. "Where are you?" Tony screeches out and I let out a shaky breath. "Some alley, I don't even know." My mind swirls from blood loss and my world spins.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks me and I chuckle slightly. "I got shot." I say, breathy. "I'm coming, hang tight." I hum and hold pressure on my wound. Soon after, I hear a car speed down the road before coming to a stop opposite the alley. The window rolls down. "Get in." Tony says, leaning over the front seat and I push myself to a stand, grimacing from the burning pain.

I hop over, hitching a breath every time my leg touches the floor. I open the door with my bloody hands. I sit down and pull the seatbelt over my body. "What happened?" Tony asks as he pulls off. "I had a problem." He glances at me. "One you couldn't solve." I add and he nods, clicking his tongue.

"I was turning into a spider." His eyebrows raise and he looks at me in shock. "So I went to my mother. And she called Hydra. She knew I was coming. I don't know how. She attacked me and I...I killed her. Then Hydra broke inside the house and I killed then too. I killed them all." My brain woozes and black spots cover my vision.

"Kid! Come on, you can't go leaving me now!" Tony yells out and my eyes close, too painful to keep them open.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

My eyes flutter awake and an oxygen mask covers my mouth. I breathe it in and look down to see a large bandage cover my leg. Someone sits on a chair beside the bed. I notice the red hair. I pull the mask from my face. "Nat." I say and she looks at me. "You're awake." I nod and push myself to sit up.

"Tony told me what happened." I nod my head. "I was an assassin, you know." I look at her with my eyebrows raised. "A Widow. Was what I was called. The Black Widow. It wasn't Hydra, but you've been in the Red Room, haven't you?" She asks and I nod my head.

"Only twice." I say to her and she moves over to me, sitting herself on the edge of the hospital bed. "What was your name? The one they gave you." I look down at my hands. "The Venomous Spider. Experiment #197. That's what they called me." She places her pale hand on my darker one.

"I killed a lot of people, in the year I was there. I was twelve when I got turned into a monster." The door opens and Wanda walks in. "Hey, are you feeling okay?" She asks and plays with the long sleeves of her jacket. "Hydra found me." Her face falls. "They found me, and tried to take me back." She walks closer, a frown coated her face.

"How? Strucker is dead." I nod. "They've been building their numbers again. I was tracking it. Tony made me. And they found me." She blinks, rapidly. "How? And why? Why would they need you?" I shrug. "Camera's? Maybe? I don't know. But I was ruthless, a killing machine. They want me back for that." Natasha squeezes my hand to comfort me.

"I killed them. Every agent that came after me. I killed thirty people." Wanda moves to sit in the now free chair. "How many did they make you kill?" She asks me. "Thirteen hundred and fifty six people." I remember every person I've killed.

"And you're how old?" She asks me. "Almost fifteen. I just turned twelve when they took me." Wanda covers her mouth and Nat looks down. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart." She whispers and I nod. Tony walks into the room, eyes wide upon seeing me.

"You alright Tam?" He asks me and I nod. "I've been better." He chuckles and walks towards me. "They're dead." I nod my head. "I know." I whisper. "They would've taken me. And I'm never going back there. I was protecting myself." He nods.

"You were right." He says towards me. "Hydra is building itself back up. And now they know who you are and where you live." He tells me. "It's not safe for you anymore." I nod. "You'll stay here. We have spare rooms." I sigh but nod nonetheless. "I'll get some guys to clean out your apartment for you."

"Thanks, Tony." Nat and Wanda look between themselves. "Anyways, I heard you have homecoming tonight? And you have to go to homecoming." Tony moves a box from behind his back. Wanda and Nat stand up and Tony hands me the black box. I open it and see a red dress inside. I smile slightly, and look back at Tony.

"Thank you." He shrugs. "It was nothing." Tony looks at Wanda. "Witchy, you think you could heal her wound?" She nods and I undo my bandage. "I'm just trying something. I'm not sure if it'll work." I nod and give her a reassuring look. "Go ahead." She nods and red wisps coat over her fingers.

Her eyes glow a deep red and my wound gets pulled together with new skin. "How'd you know it'd work?" I ask her. "You were experimented on, and so was I. By the-" I cut her off. "Mind stone. Yeah, but I don't have any telepathic abilities." She smiles at me.

"But you do. Not only was your original gift enhanced, it's enhanced your intelligence and strengthened your mind. It's why you started to change. Your mind was changing into that of a spider."

"And some spiders have the ability to communicate telepathically. A gift that was enhanced because of your experimentation." I look at her in shock. "Are you saying that I can read minds?" I ask her and she nods. "Yes. And that's how I can heal you. Because we both are a product from the mind stone's power."

Tony clears his throat. "I think you have to get ready for homecoming." I nod and Nat helps me off the bed. My leg feels fine, perfect. I hold the dress and Wanda looks at me. I smile at her and they help me get ready for homecoming.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1060 Words

A/N- Double update all week!

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 24 | 4 | 24 |