III

Mapi's POV

"(Ona didn't even tell her we were coming.)" I slapped Alexia's arm. I can't believe she just invited us into Ona's breakfast plans.

I wanted to meet her properly but not without her knowing. It felt rude to intrude on her breakfast plans with Ona and Aitana. Those three were quickly becoming close friends it seemed. I was glad the new girl was making friends. I'm trying to be more than that though. She's so beautiful.

"(You think I care?)" Alexia snickered as we walked up to the restaurant. Ona had text us that they had already taken a seat. So we walked in and tried to find the group.

When we did however Alexia and I were both confused. Who was this guy sitting at the table? As we approached he stood up from his chair and flashed a smile.

"(Hi my name is Charles Leclerc, I'm Braylee's boyfriend you must be her two captains.)" He speaks spanish, interesting. Wait does she speak spanish, if so yes yes yes.

"Boyfriend?" Alexia raised an eyebrow as she took her seat across from the guy. He gave a small nod with a wholesome smile. He did look incredibly sweet.

"I'm Alexia Putellas and this is Mapi Leon." Alexia spoke in english to be polite to the American.

"(So you speak spanish?)"

"I apologize for I am not completely fluent. I did however understand that but Bray is still learning so I figure we should speak English."

"What all languages do you speak Charles?" Aitana asked her curiously as she and Ona watched him intently.

"I speak Italian, English, French fluently and I am still learning Spanish from my teammate." He explained to us. A spanish teammate? I wonder what sport he plays. Perhaps soccer, but he doesn't exactly fit the vibe.

"What sport?" Ona asked him immediately hearing the word teammate.

"I'm a Formula Ona driver. I race cars." What the hell is that? Like racing cars I obviously get that but Formula One? Also is that considered a sport? Well yeah probably so much harder than it seems. Wait why do I even care? I want your girlfriend stop distracting me with your interesting life.

"How old are you Charles?" Alexia asked him with an odd look on her face.

"I am twenty six years old." He informed us. Okay noted Braylee will date older. Good good news for me and Alexia. Crossing my fingers Alexia is just slightly too old for her.

"Well you're a lucky man." Alexia glanced over at the girl we we're actually here for. The girl we had yet to talk to.

"Now that you're done interrogating Charles tell me about the team. What should I know going into the season?" Braylee asked us softly.

Her voice was so smooth and gentle. She didn't speak at a high volume or tone. There were some American voices that I hated and some that I loved. I loved the sound of her voice.

"Everyone is super chill I promise." Ona assured her.

"Yeah beside you have your two new bestfriends sitting here with you already." Aitana told her referring to herself and Ona. Alexia and I can't wait to change who most of her time is spent with.

"I appreciate the two of you so much so far. You've really made me feel welcome." Her toothless soft smile was heart melting. The way her lips gently pulled outwards was subtle but effective. She smiled more with her eyes then anything.

"And if you ever need anyone else to talk to as well Mapi and I are always here for you as well. Anything at all feel free to come talk to us." She gave a small confused nod as we made eye contact.

"But I don't exactly know spanish..."

"I can speak english." She looked shocked to hear me speak english. I almost never did so it was a fair reaction.

"My apologies I was under the assumption you didn't speak anything but spanish."

"For you I suppose I'll speak english." She blushed a little and couldn't hold back from smiling bigger.

"You'll have her back on the field right? As he captains?" Charles asked us concerned.

"Babe, this league isn't as rough as the WSL stop stressing so much. I will be fine." She shook his arm lightly as she whined.

"My love, I just worry about you getting injured!" He exclaimed innocently as the two looked at each other with so much love.

Wait a damn minute.

I'm falling for a straight girl?! Braylee Parker has a boyfriend. Braylee is straight. How am I just now registering all of this. I saw her and liked her almost immediately. Since when did I start falling for straight girls?

There was just something about her that was so captivating. I couldn't quite pinpoint my attraction to her. She was fem sure that was rather obvious considering she's straight and quite clean cut. She didn't have black hair and green eyes. Nor was she blonde with blue eyes. She also wasn't taller than me like I tend to gravitate towards so what did I like about her?

What was so special about Braylee Parker?

"I like Mapi's tattoos." My thoughts were interrupted by her voice saying my name.

"I'm not really into tattoos. Lewis has quite a few you know." Charles shrugged.

"I never said you needed them. I simply stated I like Mapi's. And Ona's as well. The bicep one is almost as pretty as she is." Braylee teased the young defender. I say young because she's younger than me by a few years but I forget she shares the same age as Ona.

"You'll have to see all of Mapi's. Her back tattoos are cool as well. She's a walking piece of art." Aitana told her and she nodded.

"Yeah she is, isn't she?" Her voice was faint as she said the comment to herself.

I couldn't focus much on the current conversation. I just focused of the micro movements and facial expressions of the new girl. I wanted to read the energy through the different interactions. I wanted to figure out everything I could about her.

"Where's the bathroom?"

"I'll show you." I quickly stood up and lead her away from the table.

"Your boyfriend seems sweet."

"I appreciate it. Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked me innocently and I held back a laugh.

"I prefer women."

"Oh okay-sorry to assume." She told me sheepishly embarrassed by her own comment.

"Men and I don't get along much." I laughed as we entered the bathroom.

"You're really beautiful so I'm surprised you don't have a girlfriend. Or do you?"

"No. Not anymore." I frowned and let her use the restroom. Hopefully I change that...