XXXIV

Alexia's POV

"You tried to convince her to break up with Braylee? What was her reaction?!"

"(I wouldn't say I tried to convince her to break up with Braylee, but I definitely began putting thoughts in her mind.)" I shrugged sitting across from the Norwegian.

"She knows that I'm back on the team?"

"(Not exactly. Well yes Mapi knows you're coming back.)" I smiled at the upcoming surprise.

"What if Mapi hates me forever? I don't want to lose her forever...I want Maria back." Ingrid shook her head as she held the cup of coffee in her hands.

"Alexia, why are you helping me?"

"(I only want what's best for Mapi...she's my bestfriend. She's always going to be my bestfriend and I...I promised to always do what's best for her. I also don't think that Mapi is really the right person for Braylee.)" Not that much of me cared for Parker anymore. I just promised someone else to get her home.

"Who...who wants Braylee away from Maria?" Ingrid looked at me confused. She never saw the flaws in Mapi. She only saw and brought out the best in the blonde centerback.

"(I promised Leah Williamson that I would get Braylee back to Arsenal.)" Ingrid looked confused by my comment.

"I thought you mentioned she was with Lia Walti though not Williamson?" I nodded. Yes and Mariona has apparently been trying to help Lia get Braylee back too. Leah and I made a deal.

"(Walti's been in on it too.)"

"So why'd you sleep with her then?"

"(I tried to keep Mapi away from her that way. I realized that it wasn't going to work so then I tried to have a thing going between the three of us. Nothing got Mapi away from her.)" I shook my head thinking about my many attempts at stopping Mapi.

"I'm getting her back Alexia."

"(I don't doubt that.)"

"You think she'll come back?"

"(I think there's a lot that's going to happen.)"

"Was she mad about me returing?"

"No."

"That's a good sign."

"(Possibly. Or maybe she's just over you.)"

"Why would you say that?"

"(What? The truth?)" I raised an eyebrow at her and she nodded put down.

"Well I guess we will find out."

______________

Braylee's POV

"Babe are you ready for practice?" I called out my room as I grabbed my bag. Mapi was in the kitchen for awhile now.

"Ready my love." She came back in the room and wrapped me in a hug from behind.

"You've played so well. I'm amazed by you."

"I couldn't have done it without you...really. I can't thank you enough for just being in my life now...you've changed it for the better. I'm so grateful for you." I blushed as she turned me around in her arms. I loved being this happy with her.

"(I love you.)"

"Eww pda."

"I'm actually going to murder you." I sighed as I broke out of Mapi's arms to chase the annoying teen.

"Always trouble."

"It's fun!" Tatum giggled as we walked to the car together.

Coach mentioned meeting the new transfer due to injuries this season. We were doing great this season still. It felt so much easier to be in an undefeated team. Atleast it felt easier to be on this team.

Arsenal was home. There's no doubt about it that, but I knew that I needed to leave that team for two reasons. One being personal growth. I had to move on and leave that environment for my own health, but the second one was my career.

I started the US team young. I played two years in college before jumping to the nwsl for two years then I went overseas. Going overseas to play was one of the most terrifying decisions I had ever made yet it turned out to be much better for me as a player. Not as a person...

I'm just glad that things seem to be headed for the best now. I have no idea if Barcelona will sign me for another season, but if I keep playing as well as I am I couldn't see why not.

"Any idea what happened in the winter transfer window?" I looked over as Mapi drove like usual.

"No idea." She answered rather quickly and somewhat nervously.

"Well I guess we'll find out together." I shrugged playing on my phone for the rest of the ride.

I smiled at the cute photo of Leah and I. What would the Arsenal girls be without their photo dumps on Instagram. I was lucky enough to make it into Leah's this time since I visited her last week.

"Do you think the coaches are going to re-sign me? I'd like another season with the team." I turned to Mapi who refused to take her eyes off the road.

"I hope they do."

"Well yeah but like do you think the coaches see me as good enough to stay on the team? Have I been playing good enough? Be honest with me." I could see a bit of panic on her face and my heart dropped.

"The thing with Barcelona, it isn't a 'are you good enough' attitude. Barcelona has their favorites and that's why they tend to keep players...even if they think about parting with them they return." I nodded as I relaxed back into the seat.

"You are a fan favorite this season. Maybe that will help your case." She added to maybe try and help soften the statement.

"Let's just hope for the best." I smiled as she parked her car. Ona and Aitana arrived at the same time to join us. The five of us walking to the locker room exchanging small talk.

"Hey Bray." Fridolina and Alexia stood by with a smile. I stopped letting the others go ahead. I wanted to ask Alexia a question without Mapi.

"Is Mapi upset with me? Or did something happen? She was fine at my place but when we got in the car to drive here something seemed off about her." Alexia seemed like she wanted to say something but instead answered with a simple shrug.

"Okay..." I walked away still confused. Whatever it is I can figure out later. Career comes first when I'm at the training grounds. I need to go change.

"You dissapeared?" Ona looked at me confused as I entered the locker room.

"I needed to ask Alexia a question." I answered her questioning tone as I turned to my locker beside hers.

"Hey you're Braylee right?"

What the fuck?

I stood there speechless as I turned around when I heard the voice. I knew the voice. I never really played against her, but I knew her. She's the bitch who broke Mapi's heart.

"Yea..."

"Ingrid Engen, I just rejoined the team."

"Yea...I know who you are."

"Great well I'll see you out on the field then." She gave me one last forced smile before walking away.

Holy shit.

Ingrid Engen is back?!

I turned to look over towards Maria's locker only to see her eyes already locked on mine. She had to have known...

A\N: MERRY CHRISTMASSSS
Hope everyone had a happy holidays💞