XXXIX

*One Month Later*

Braylee's POV

"I'm so lucky." I smiled staring up at Mapi.

"(Please, I'm the lucky one...I still honestly can't believe that you opened up to posting online. I mean there's not obviously been any full confirmation, but how are you feeling about all of this?)" Mapi asked me in a rushed nervous tone.

"Maria calm I'm happy." I giggled as I reached up to kiss her.

"(No practice today is so nice.)"

"We still have to go pick up Tatum."

"(She'll be fine.)"

"MARIA!" I gave a small slap to the defender as I stood up to walk to the bathroom. The arm extended from the centerback pleaded for me to do otherwise.

"I have to pee!"

"Ugh fine."

"You have to drive me so get up."

~~~~~~~~~

"Mapi, we have to go pick up Tatum!" I yelled through the apartment as Mapi came running around the corner.

"Lo siento!"

"Rapido Mapi! I miss her." I laughed as I jumped on her back and we exited her place.

"I'm glad that Tatum made lots of friends here. Not because you know it gives us alone time, but its good for her to talk to people her age." Mapi assured me. She cared a lot about Tatum. Those two were so goofy together.

I love my little sister more than anything on Earth, but being in Barcelona made me realize that its time I also learn to love myself and place myself as a priority. Tatum did not make a single second of that difficult. She branched out and built her own life here.

Besides she started training in the Barcelona youth program so she was following my footsteps. I couldn't be more proud of her.

"(What's the address again?)"

"This is it..." I went silent as we pulled up to the house with rows of cars and flashing lights. I froze in my seat when I scanned the area. Something was very, very wrong.

"Braylee, maybe you should wait in the car." Mapi's voice was scared as she put her car in park. I shook my head and opened the door. There's no avoiding it. I just couldn't bare to see my baby sister hurt. Maybe it was her friend. Maybe I'm freaking out for nothing.

"Come here." Mapi stuck out her hand as we approached the police officers.

"I'm sorry this is an active crime scene you cannot come through here." The officer put his arm up.

"My little sister is staying at that house please let us see her." I began pleading with the cop whose face drained of all color.

"Detective." No...

"Is my sister not okay? (Was she hurt?! What's going on?!)" I began pleading with the man as a woman in a suit and badge came over to us. Mapi held me back from stepping forward.

"Are you Braylee Parker?"

"Is Tatum hurt?"

"Yes, she is Braylee Parker. Her younger sister Tatum was staying at this house." Mapi answered the detective for me. She looked down at her shoes than back to me.

"May you please follow me."

"No no no Mapi I just want to see Tatum!" I began shaking my head as I backed away. I was quickly scanning the area around us. I wanted Tatum.

"Come on Bray." Mapi pulled me aside and sat me down on the curb.

"Ms. Parker unfortunately around 10 pm last night a vehicle came speeding through and struck your younger sister. They were outside playing football together. The medics did absolutely everything they could be Tatum was pronounced dead-."

"No no no. Tatum can't be dead. I was supposed to watch Tatum! Tate has to be okay-!" I began screaming at the woman as tears flooded my face and I lost all control to breathe. Maria quickly wrapped her arms around me to hold me tight.

There was no use.

"Braylee...it's okay I've got you." I sobbed into Mapi's neck as the detective went silent. I could hear Mapi talking on the phone, but I couldn't focus on any of the words. I couldn't see of hear anything.

All I could feel right now was tight stabbing pain in my chest.

I lost Tatum.

How could the world take my baby sister from me? Life has been so perfect. Why did this happen?

She was my responsibility. She was sent here so I could protect her. I was supposed to keep her safe. Every was going so perfect.

"Braylee, my love you have to breathe." Mapi rubbed circles in my back as I choked out tears.

"I c-can't!"

"I'm so sorry Bray." I could hear the crack in her voice followed by tires stopping abruptly.

"Bray!" Ona's voice mixed with Aitana's as their footsteps grew closer.

"Alexia, let's go talk to the detective. Ona, keep her safe." Mapi pulled me away from her body as Ona and Aitana took over.

"Tate's dead...I lost her." I didn't realize that it was possible to cry this much. I was no stranger to tears, but this was something so much deeper.

"I'm so sorry Braylee...we all really love Tatum. I'm so so sorry. We're gonna be here okay every second you need us we will be here, everyone will." Ona held me tighter. I could head Aitana crying as she held onto me as well.

"I just thought we'd have more time together...she was supposed to be on that field with me one day."

"She's always been your biggest fan. Nothing will stop her from watching you still B." Ona held both Aitana and I as we sobbed together. I felt a bit of pain for Ona as she tried to keep herself together.

"Come here Bray." Alexia pulled me into her arms and I felt the freedom to just let her hold me up. The pain of crying throbbing through my body as she held me tight.

"I'm here for you Parker. Let it out." Alexia rocked me back and forth as she held her arms around me tight.

"Can I just go home?" I looked up at Alexia who gave a small nodd.

"I'll ride back with you to Maria's."

"No I want to go to my apartment...I want to go to her room." I told her as she wiped the tears from my face.

"Okay, let's go then." Alexia picked me up and held her hands under my thighs as she walked me back to Mapi's suv.

"(Let's go back to her place.)" Mapi gave a silent nodd as I glanced over. I've only ever cried in front of her twice before. The day that I found out Charles cheated and the day that I told them about my father.

My father...

I have to tell my family.

A\N: I'm sorry...I need to do it for the plot✨

Also apologies on not updating in a min. 40 hrs of school and 40 hrs of work🤠

Also one shot book otw drop requests🤩