XXVIII

Mapi's POV

"We should talk." Alexia sat down on Braylee's bed gently.

"Tatum go sit in your room."

"Why am I always getting kicked out?!" Tatum rolled her eyes and rolled out of her sister's lap. Braylee obviously was keeping Tatum in the dark still.

"Because I deserve some privacy." She rolled her eyes as Tatum left the room annoyed. For once the two were interacting like siblings rather than mother daughter.

"Something going on between the two of you?" Alexia's look of concern seemed to only annoy Braylee further.

"What do you two want to talk about?"

"Maybe for starters why you're upset?" I asked her gently afraid to piss her off further.

"Because I'm raising a-nothing. I'm just a little stressed. I feel like I'm juggling a lot right now. Only time I honestly feel relaxed is in bed with you two or alone time with Ona."

"Alone time with Ona?" Alexia quirked an eyebrow at her comment. It did sound a little odd. However Ona's so hooked on Aitana, there's nothing to worry about.

"What do you two want to talk about?"

"Why do you have to be Tatum's mother?"

"I'm...I don't know. Tatum had mentioned wanting to come to Barcelona, but I figured there was no way in hell that my parents would let her go, so I told her yes. I want to protect her...I just know if I could keep her happier by being here then I had to." She mumbled out. What was the obligation that she felt?

She's still not telling us the truth.

What is she hiding about her family? What's so bad that we couldn't know? There isn't a single thing that comes to mind that could be so horrible.

"Braylee. What is so bad about Tatum being back home?" Alexia questioned her confused but I think I had a feeling on what was going on now. I'm surprised it didn't click earlier. I was just afraid to be right.

"Tatum looks just like me when I was younger and I don't want him to treat her the same way he treated me." The American mumbled as if she'd rather not be talking at all.

"Braylee. What did your dad do?" Alexia stared at the ground avoiding eye contact.

"Do I really have to say it?" Braylee choked out as tears pooled in her eyes.

"Does Tatum know?" She gave a small nodd as she fell into my arms.

"Braylee, baby I'm so sorry." Alexia rubbed her arm gently before holding her hands. Braylee sobbed in my arms for the next few minutes.

"Braylee?" We all turned in sync towards the open door and the younger version of the American currently crying in the bed.

"Why is she crying?!" Tatum asked upset to see her sister like this.

"Tatum, come here." Alexia moved back on the bed and opened her arms.

"Why are you crying Braylee?" Tatum looked sad as her sister composed herself.

"Braylee's just a little upset and stressed out over a few-."

"I told them about dad Tate. I told them why you're here and why I feel the need to protect you." Braylee cut me off stating the situation bluntly to her sister.

"Braylee protects me she always does." Tatum looked at us confused by the situation.

"Yeah I always will. I'm sorry I try to hide the truth from you sometimes Tate."

"What like the fact that you like girls? You and Lia were never just friends. Its okay Braylee." Tatum gave Braylee a soft smile as she reached out for her hand.

"You knew?" Braylee's jaw dropped as Tatum giggled.

"Tatum your sister about to kill me for this, but she's dating Maria. Maria is treating her amazing I promise."

"I can tell. I may be younger than you Braylee but I can still see the way you two look at each other. And I know that Alexia cares for you too. Just because I am here Braylee does not mean that I want you to stop living your life." Tatum squeezed her sister's hand who was using the other to wipe the tears away.

"I love you Tate." Braylee smiled big as she looked at Alexia holding her little sister.

"Also that was my place to tell her Putellas." She chuckled as she leaned back against me.

"Kiss her."

"What?" Braylee looked at her sister confused.

"I don't believe that you're dating her. A bad boy type that's bold Bray." Her sister grinned knowing she was just messing with her.

"Fine." Braylee quickly turned in my lap and quickly connected our lips until her sister squealed for us to stop.

"Satisfied?"

"Wait does this mean Alexia won't be around us much?" Tatum frowned a bit. She quickly bonded with Alexia and I knew the comment meant nothing mean towards me.

"Of course not. If anything it means that you and I may have more time to hangout." Alexia smiled as she squee her arms around her.

"Umm I will talk to you three later." Tatum looked down at her phone which was ringing.

"DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!" Tatum jumped out of the bed and Braylee chased after her as they both giggled.

"(I love those two.)" Alexia laughed as she looked towards the door.

"(So you two talked about you leaving?)" I asked her and the smile dropped.

"(I told you I wouldn't hold you back from being happy...besides I umm...I have to focus on other things.)" She gave me a smile and kissed my cheek before leaving the room.

I get to be with Braylee.

"Hey we're going to grab food, come on." Braylee peaked back into the room.

"Yeah okay...umm can we talk about us later?"

"We'll start by telling the team if you want but I'd prefer to keep things lowkey. Like maybe close friends, but not public. We'll talk about it further later." She grabbed my hand pulling me out of the room.

She's okay with me telling the team?

Thank God.