XLI

*Three Weeks Later*

Mapi's POV

"Hey, how are you?" A familiar Norwegian voice appeared beside me.

"(Trudging along. Braylee's been getting better I suppose...slowly.)"

"She lost her baby sister, it'll take time." Ingrid frowned as we walked onto the field together.

"Ingrid, Mapi. How are you today?" Lucy walked up calmly. Everyone has almost seemed to be afraid to be happy lately. I hated it.

I love Braylee, but we can't all continue to be depressed forever. I just wish I could do something to help her, but she just keeps pushing me away when it comes to opening up on how she actually feels.

I caught her crying alone two days ago and when I tried to comfort her she snapped at me and went to Alexia's. I can't seem to succeed at helping her recover at all. I miss Tatum too, but even when she was alive she wanted Braylee to live her life.

"I'm okay."

"Mapi?"

"(You know I've been better.)"

"I'm sorry. I know you haven't been able to be your cheerful self either lately."

"(Well it would be a little disrespectful...)"

"I don't agree with that." Ingrid protested, but she shook her head dismissing her own comment.

"Well Mapi if you'd like to be able to relax and have a good laugh I'm here for you." Ingrid squeezed my shoulder before walking away from the conversation.

"Maybe it would be good for you to hangout around some of the others for awhile. You and Ingrid are friends again why don't you go hangout?" Lucy told me concerned.

"(Doesn't that seem bad?)"

"You're friends, are you not?"

"(How do you think Braylee would feel?)"

"Maria, I'm not sure she'd even give it a second of thought right now..." Lucy gave me an odd look before giving me a hug and walking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Bray, would you mind if I go hangout with Ingrid? I just figured I'd get out for awhile." I looked at the American cautiously. A small toothless smile was forced onto her face.

"Maria, just because I'm not ready to move on in life doesn't mean you should be miserable. Go out. Hangout with friends. Live your life, Tate would have wanted us all to. I'll be ready eventually..." Braylee smiled as she grabbed my hands and held them between our bodies.

"I love you Mapi and I really appreciate your patience for me. I promise I will get back to life...to living."

"I know how much she meant to you. A part of you died with her, but not all of you so eventually you'll stop acting like it." I kissed her forehead before shoving her into Ona's arms. Ona was still Braylee's best friend at Barcelona.

"Engen!"

"Hey Mapi."

"Can I take you up on that offer?"