VIII

Braylee's POV

*three weeks later*

"Hey you." Mapi ran up behind me and squeezed her arms around my waist as she spun me in a circle.

"Hola Mapi!"

"I'm proud of you for your progress with spanish. You're becoming a little too good too fast. I'm impressed."

I blushed as she released her arms and walked beside me onto the field. I was so glad to be friends with her lately. Officially Charles and I were still together. He hasn't visited me in awhile, but we weren't really talking much either. I have yet to confront him about it. How could I?

Charles and I felt like we were meant to be. The only reason I'm not a complete mess is due to the help of Mapi, Ona, Aitana, and Alexia. They've all been such amazing friends since I got here.

I couldn't shake the feeling that the two older women possibly had feelings for me. Which is stupid at the same time, because why would those two like me? Maybe I was just reading into things wrong. They're only close to me because I'm going through things.

And this weekend I needed their help more now than ever.

"How do you feel about racing?"

"Like the type of racing your ex-your boyfriend does? That formula one race is in Barcelona this weekend." Mapi immediately caught on.

"I have three paddock passes. Me, you, and Alexia? I think you'd enjoy the race weekend and being down up close!" I smiled widely as I began talking about the sport.

Another part of the Charles cheating scandel that killed me was possibly losing my access to the F1 scene. I should have went with Carlos. He'd never cheat on me.

"I will ask Alexia." She mumbled and turned to scan the field for the other captain.

"I have to go either way. I'd just appreciate if you would come with me. I enjoy being around you Maria. And if you want it could also just be the two of us." I stepped a bit closer to her watching her eyes for any reaction.

"I will be there for you."

The 'for you' felt a little too special. Maybe I'm not reading too far into things? Maybe there was something building between Mapi and I, but if that's the case would that mean Alexia and I are going through the same?

"You're the best."

"At many things."

"Okay hotshot."

"Oh come on I'm your favorite." Mapi teased me. I couldn't deny it nor confirm.

"I can't let you know."

"And why is that?" She looked at me curiously tilting her chin up. I love Mapi's silly side. She was such a relaxed goofy person most of the time, but whenever she stepped out on that field she turned into a beast.

Something was so inherently adorable about her. Maybe it was her soft facial features. The cute freckles that spread across her face. Maybe it was the awkward toothless smile she constantly did when she tilted her head up.

There was something about the defender that made me feel so warm inside.

"Because I don't need anyone to have that information. It could hurt someone's feelings. Besides what if its not you? Would you still want to know?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You'd be lying if you said I'm not."

"(I don't lie.)" I winked at her and began jogging around the field. Mapi decided to let me go I suppose since she didn't join me.

I couldn't figure out who my favorite person in Barcelona has been. As I said I really like my friends here. Alexia, Aitana, Ona, and Mapi are pretty close to me now. I had a few other teammate friendships.

Lucy and I loved being training partners. I've known Bronze for awhile, but we've grown closer being on the same team. We've actually always dreamed of playing together. After we played her in a shebelieves cup I got to get to know her personally. She'd been a rolemodel for me at a moment.

Then there was Rolfo. We loved going to get coffee with Aitana and even sometimes when Aitana wasn't available we'd still go together. Fridolina was so funny and sweet! I felt so at home with this team.

I wanted to leave Arsenal because of Leah and Lia but that place was home. Those girls were my family. I was excited to join Barcelona, but I was so intimidated to join such a big name team. I felt like they were going to snub me. They didn't they were so welcoming.

"Hola Bray." Alexia jogged up beside me as I warmed up.

"Hey there capt." I smiled as I stopped jogging. The blonde woman looked down at me with almost a smirk on her face rather a smile. I could a bit of anxiety brewing in my stomach.

Alexia wasn't extraordinary tall, but the woman just made me feel small especially up close. The closer we were the more she had to look down to connect our eyes. Her large soft muscles that were shown so well by the barcelona practice kit.

"What are your plans this weekend princess?"

Fuck me.

"Do you call me that because I'm high maintenance?" I raised my right eyebrow and she held back a smile.

"There's a possibility. Or maybe you're so beautiful you remind me of a princess." I blushed and turned to hide my face.

"Is that so?" I composed myself and turned back to the captain.

"As I said maybe."

"(You're beautiful too.)" I made an attempt in spanish. Alexia's face turned into a soft look as she pulled me in for a hug.

"That boy doesn't deserve you." She gently kissed my forehead and let go of me. With one last look she walked away from me.

Again, that feeling in my stomach. My face hurt from smiling so much. I had feelings for both captains...

I can't fall into the same trap again. Leah and Lia are the only other two women who I liked. I chose Lia and I now see I should have stayed away from both of them. What if Mapi and Alexia are actually more than friends? At times I felt like they were especially before I told them about Charles.

Now it seems they're more focused on me when I need to focus on soccer.