XII

Braylee's POV

"Lia?"

"Hey B..." The Swiss midfielder slowly moved forward to engulf me in a hug. A hug I could never deny.

"I miss you Braylee." Her eyes searched for any reaction but I stood there absolutely frozen unable to even hug her back.

How did she even know where I live? What was she doing here?! When did she get to Barcelona? Why did she come to Barcelona?

"Braylee, talk please?" The Switzerland captain gently shook me and I crashed forward into her arms. I quickly tightened my arms around her as fast and firm as I could.

What am I doing?

I couldn't hold myself back from the girl who broke my heart. Lia Walti cheated on me yet there still wasn't a girl I loved more in this world than her. No matter how bad she hurt me I still loved her. I wanted her.

"Why are you here?" I finally took a step back and looked at her puzzled.

"Were you drinking last night?" She returned a look of confusion as well.

"A little but-did I text you?!" Oh shit.

"I shouldn't be here-." I grabbed her wrist before she could get away from me and quickly pulled her back in.

"I don't know what I said last night but it's probably all true." I frowned looking at her disappointment.

"You said you missed me, then sent me flight information...you literally bought me a flight here last night Bray." Well fuck.

I gave a small nod as I led her into my new home. I wanted her back it was true, but could I trust her anymore? Especially now that I'm in Spain and she's in London? It's not like I could easily find out like I did back then.

"I was drunk. That being said drunk actions are sober thoughts. So part of me really has missed you...especially now that I broke up with Charles." The admission stung a little bit due to the reminder that just like Lia, Charles had cheated on me.

"Wait why did you break up with him?" She looked at me concerned as she held my hand when we took a seat on the couch.

"Seems that I attract cheaters." The playful tone in my voice didn't seem to soften the blow to her.

"You know that every day I regret what I did last night Braylee. Leah and I were drunk. There was no meaning behind-."

"Drunk actions are sober thoughts Lia. I could tell the way you two had been acting leading up to that. I knew something was bound to happen I guess I'd just hope that you wouldn't or atleast you'd let me go first." I sighed knowing I'd rather be abruptly broken up with rather cheated on.

"Charles really cheated on you?"

"I didn't make that up."

"I know I just..."

"Yeah hard to believe it happened to me twice." I smiled shaking my head.

"I was so stupid..."

"A little yeah." I gently squeezed her hand looking up at her eyes.

"Why did you want me to come see you Braylee? After months of not talking and then leaving the club why contact me now?" Lia knew deep down I didn't bring her here to get back with her. I need the Lia before all the chaos. I needed the Lia Walti who was my team captain and role model.

Lia and I had such a tight connection before we started dating and maybe the two of us read into that the wrong way. I mean I was twenty two fresh out of college and she was twenty eight almost twenty nine. There was a maturity level gap, but who would have thought I would be the more mature one in some aspects.

"I need the old Lia's help."

"The old Lia?" She quirked her head confused.

"I've already gotten my heart broken once by an older girl. So I figure why not ask her what I did wrong before I do it again." I shrugged, but I definitely only confused the Swiss captain further.

"I like Alexia Putellas and Mapi Leon. I just don't know what to do about that."

"Braylee no that's a horrible idea."

"Okay why?"

"Mapi just broke up with Ingrid Engen and Alexia Putellas is kind of a player! I cared about you and we crossed that boundary. Trust me when I say they have selfish intentions. They won't treat you as well as I did before I messed up."

"Is this the jealousy talking?"

"You asked for mentor Lia this is her talking."

"Okay." I nodded and moved closer to cuddle beside her. "I wish we had never made that mistake...you know we could have been friends forever."

"We can still be friends just give it time. I love you no matter how stupid I was. Leah misses you being around." Leah...

Lia was my mentor but Leah was my bestfriend. The two of us were always getting into trouble with the coaches for messing around too much at practice. Any time we scored the first person I looked for was Leah. I miss my bestfriend, but I still won't deny that my move to Barcelona was for the best.

"I'll text her."

"You will?!" Lia sat up excited. I think at times she felt worse about ruining our friendship than the fact that she cheated on me. Because relationships are one thing but bestfriends are supposed to last forever.

"Did you tell her?"

"That I was coming here? Of course and she begged me to talk to you about texting her. She misses her favorite American."

I missed her too.

"In all seriousness Braylee...stay away from the Barcelona captains. They're nothing but trouble I promise. Anyone outside of this team could tell you that and even some people in it."

Who was she referring to? Did Lia have an inside man on the team? Because now that I think about it she barely reacted to the news. She just wanted me to stay away from them. Did someone tell her?

"Who do you know on the squad?"

"I-I no one. My national teammate used to play but its nothing really."

"Lia don't lie to me."

"Caldent-Mariona and I talk almost daily about you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Look you cannot tell anybody this but even she warned me for your sake. Just stay away from them." I gave a small nod as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

If Lia was holding something back from me it was in order to protect me, but what could be so bad about the beautiful Barcelona captains?

A\N: A midday update for once lets gooo

What do you think Ingrid's going to say?👀