XXXVI

Braylee's POV

"Morning my love." I leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. She's so beautiful.

"Hmm do we have to get up?" I smiled and shook my head lightly. We did not have practice today so we were able to just stay in bed all day if we wanted to. And of course I wanted to.

Who wouldn't want to spend all day in bed with Mapi Leon. Who wouldn't want to be with Mapi Leon in any way?

I smiled looking at the sleepy girl before pushing her onto her back and straddle her lap. Our lips gently joining each others. Of course this action would wake up the Barcelona defender.

"So yes to bed all day?"

"Don't freak out."

"That's not the words I want to hear."

"Yeah well its about to get worse."

"In what way?" Mapi groaned pulling me down again connecting her lips to my neck.

"I plan on going to talk with Ingrid today."

"About fucking what?" She opened her eyes and pushed me back off of her.

"I don't like situations like this Maria. I want to talk things over with Ingrid so that we can all play well as a team. Mapi she was a very important person to you and if it is possible I'd love for the two of you to be able to be friends like Lia and I are now. Sometimes repairing relations and leaving things in the past is for the best."

"I should forgive her?" She looked at me confused and I smiled with a small shrug.

"I am going to smoothe things out with her and then yeah I think if we can all be friendly then everyone is better off." I leaned forward and pecked her lips one more time before rolling off the bed.

"I love you."

"I'm glad."

"Ugh say it back!"

"I love you Maria."

"You're making me a good person."

"You're already a good person Mapi."

"You're making me a better person."

"Hmm I'll accept that." I pulled her towards the shower with me. Something's so loving about showering together. I know its dumb but I just liked it.

"How did I manage to date the most beautiful woman on Earth?" Mapi came up behind me running her soft hands across my bare skin.

"What made you choose your tattoos? My tattoos obviously are a lot less sophisticated or organized, but there's a story behind these Braylee. What's your story?" I smiled looking up at the mirror to see the reflection of the blonde woman behind me.

"Maybe for another day my love." I turned around in her arms to scan her reaction to that answer.

"Oh...Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi..." I approached the tall Norwegian midfielder.

"Hey Braylee, shall we take a seat?" I gave a small nodd and followed her to the back of the coffee shop.

"Thank you for meeting me. I appreciate it...given the current circumstances."

"I don't hate you Braylee."

"I wasn't necessarily thinking that." I smiled as we both seemed to loosen up.

"Okay so then why are we here?" She looked at me curiously as I figured out how to state my question. I didn't want it to come off the wrong way.

"I hate living in fear...but I realized keeping Maria away from you is not going to solve my issues. I honestly think that the two of you working through any tense past issues from the break up would be good."

"Wait what? You're here to tell me to be friends with Mapi again?" Her jaw dropped a bit out of shock. It wasn't my place to tell her to stay away from her.

"I guess I am. For the sake of the team and just for the mental health of the three of us I want to be friends. Just because the two of you used to date does not mean things have to be awkward. I believe in exes being able to be friends. You were special to Mapi for a reason. Just because you're no longer dating doesn't mean you have to be out of her life completely."

"I'm sorry what?"

"I know its confusing..."

"I mean thank you..."

"Thank you but?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm not sure Mapi wants to be my friend."

"Mapi is my girlfriend if I tell her to forgive you she will. I know that people make mistakes and holding grudges never really hurts the other person usually only the one who's already hurt."

"I'm so glad we got to sit down and talk Braylee. You're not bad Parker."

She looked at me with a small smile on her face. The two of us just scanning one another's face to try and read what the other was thinking at the moment.

There wasn't much on my mind, because for once I just felt peace. I had no enemies. If Ingrid and I can be civil and possibly friends then what's stopping me from being happy on this team?

Nothing.

"Do you propose a way I approach talking to Mapi?" Ingrid looked at me curiously as she sipped her drink.

"Perhaps meet her for coffee the same way we did. Its a subtle open environment. Mapi's soft you know that."

"I'm really glad you make her happy Braylee Parker and I'm really glad I got to meet the real you. Not this false image I made of you in my mind. Being able to be back in Barcelona without hating you is nice."

I gave a small nodd smiling that I didn't have to hate her either. It was a mutual respect grown between the two of us. Obviously we weren't going to like one another at first, but at least now we see that things are indeed better with an open mind.

"It was a pleasure Engen." I stood up and stuck my hand out which she used to pull me into a hug.

"A pleasure Parker."

I made my way out of the coffee shop with a smile on my face. Why hasn't life always been this easy? Maybe this is just me maturing? Maybe I can live a better life if I continue to make connections and communicate like this.

"You're chipper."

"Hey Caldentey."

"Did I catch you on your way out?"

"Yeah I just finished up."

"Maria around?"

"I was not with her actually."

"Then do tell who?"

"Ingrid and I had a nice talk."

"This isn't my place Braylee...but just be careful. You're a sweet girl. I hate to see people like you get hurt."

"I'm trying my best Mariona..."

"Reach out to me if you need anything." She gave me a pat on the shoulder as she walked into the coffee shop behind me.

I knew that Lia was close friends with Mariona. And I knew Lia still cared about me so what did Mariona want to protect me from?