XLII

Mapi's POV

I nuzzled into Braylee's neck as we laid in my bed. She moved in with me last week as a step of moving on. It was for the best that she no longer lived in that apartment.

"I'm glad to be able to be happy again."

"It's great to see you doing better you know...Tatum's smiling up there right now. She loved you and she's always going to watch over you. Every time you smile she'll smile as well."

"That was...beautiful. Thank you Maria. I love you." She kissed my forehead with a smile.

"You're beautiful."

"Mmm, we both are. I think that's one of the great traits our relationship carries."

"I know its so hard being the two hottest players on the team." I joked with her as we locked eyes.

"I think I'm ready...."

"For...to have...?" She gave me a small nod as she bit her bottom lip. Part of Braylee's grieving process was cutting out all sexual or really even romantic contact.

"You're sure?"

"I'm very sure." She smirked as I lifted my body up to hover over hers.

"Hmm I don't even have to complete step one." I smiled kissing her chest once to confirm her shirt was already off.

"Let me-."

"Shh." I smiled before smashing my lips into the Americans. My body rolled across the top of hers as I smirked into our kiss.

"Stop smiling." She blushed as I pulled away. I shook my head making my way towards neck.

"Do not leave a mark Maria." I could feel her move her chin up allowing me more access. Good girl.

"Mapi! Bray!"

"Goddamn it!" Braylee shoved me off of her as she grabbed one of my oversized tshirts to cover her body.

"Why are you hereee?!" I groaned as Alexia waltzed into my apartment.

"I was bored. Hey cutie." Braylee zoomed over to Alexia and kissed her cheek as she jumped up into her arms.

"No that's my Bray-Bae!" I ran over and ripped the girl off of Alexia.

"Mine." I pecked her lips as she giggled.

"God, that sound is music to my ears." Alexia smiled at the younger girl who I held in my arms.

"Isn't she the cutest!" I smiled as Bray rested her head on my shoulder.

"She's kind of tired..." I could feel her yawn against my shoulder as she seemed to become heavier.

"(Tiring her out Leon?)" Alexia quirked an eyebrow and smiled.

"(You interrupted that...)"

"Goodnight, my love."

"(You can stay over tonight if you want. Since someone is falling asleep super early on me. Join me for a movie?)" I asked with a small smile and the blonde nodded.

"(I'd love to. She needs her rest before the big game tomorrow. I hate playing against Misa...but we have to win.)" Alexia complained as she crashed onto my bed.

"(Can I hold her?)"

"(What you miss her?)"

"(The happy version of her...yeah. I'm really glad to see that innocent little smile back.)" Alexia peered down at the girl as I placed her across the captain's body.