XLVI

Alexia's POV

I didn't want her to leave. But after last night I knew she had to. I am starting to fall for her and she is not here for that. It sucks that I put the idea in her mind, but I'm the rebound.

Braylee Parker gets what she wants, but nowadays she gets who she wants. Right now she wanted me which is why I woke up to the nude passed out twenty four year old drapped across my body. The exposed back full of black ink face the ceiling as the blanket laid right at her waist line. The girl completely unbothered by everything around her.

"Good Morning Putellas."

"For you it seems."

"Yikes, someone is grumpy."

"Braylee. I think you should consider transferring back to Arsenal."

"Jesus you really know how to wake someone up." She rolled over laying on her back and pulling the bed sheet up to her chest.

"I didn't realize sleeping with you meant getting kicked off the team after."

"Could you just listen for two minutes?"

"Sure, please explain why you don't want me anymore." She rolled her eyes at me. And I'm the grumpy one this morning?

"Bray, I asked you last night if you wanted to return to Arsenal and you said yes since you're still in love with Lia."

"Oh shit..." She slapped her hand to her forehead then moved it over her eyes.

"Yeah...so do you know why drunk Braylee wants to go back to her, but sober Parker wants to stay away?"

"Drunk Braylee never gave up hope on Lia, but sober Parker is afraid to be hurt again."

"Lia knows she messed up."

"But I want to stay in Barcelona."

"Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is leave...Braylee you will forever be in pain if you stay here. You've gotten much better at hiding it, but that doesn't mean it is no longer there." I tucked a few hairs behind her ear as I turned to my side to look at her.

"I don't want to return to Arsenal. And I will be damned if I continue to go back stateside...I will figure it all out."

"Lia loves you Braylee."

"I love you."

"No you don't."

"Alexia-."

"Why are you afraid to return to Lia?"

"Hurt people hurt people, Alexia. I will never place myself into a situation where I could ever hurt Lia." Braylee closed her eyes as a single tear left its place.

"Do you blame yourself?"

"For what?"

"The way you treated Lia that you think caused her to cheat? Do you blame yourself for the secrecy?" She burst out into tears near the end of my question. The reaction an answer in its own.

"Lia is old enough to know you've changed. You've been through things someone so young should never experience. I may not know Lia as I know you, but that woman will always love you."

"I will never deserve her."

"Yes you do. Leah deserves to have her bestfriend back. And Lia deserves to be with the love of her life. Maybe its not about what you deserve..." I smiled tucking a few strands hair behind her ear.

Braylee looked back over at me with a small smile. I wasn't sure why she was looking at me that way, but I enjoyed seeing her truly happy for the first time since the incident. She looked more contempt than happy. Maybe what I said put her mind at ease.