XLIII

Braylee's POV

"How ya feelin?" Mapi brought a bowl of ice cream to me as I laid in her bed.

Is that even a question at this point?

I still couldn't wrap my head around the injury. I don't know how bad this is yet. I could be out for the rest of the season.

This could ruin my career here.

"You know I think this is the best I've been. Life is just so amazing right now. Absolutely nothing could ever be wrong-. I fucking hate life, how do you think I feel Mapi?!" I was a little surprised by my own outburst if I was honest.

"Okay no ice cream for you then."

"No give me my ice cream and then get in bed. I may hate life, but I love you." I reached my arms out for her as that goofy smile appeared on her face. All I wanted right now was to be in her arms.

"I love you too. You'll be back in no time B." She jumped onto the bed quickly placing a kiss on my cheek. I'm not sure that's the case...

"Hmm I know. I just really felt like everything was going to be fine again. Being back on the field was really helping. Now I'm just back in a state of pain."

"Eat your ice cream before it melts. Look I know it's not an easy thing to overcome injuries, but its also part of the game. As you become a bigger player you have to balance this." Mapi rubbed my shoulders as she spoke to me. I'm not that young, but I'm not old either.

I know Mapi has more experience with being a top player in the world. She's arguably the best player in her position and I'm just me. I'm the twenty four year old Arsenal transfer who got the opportunity of a lifetime and I've tanked it.

"I'm learning."

"You're better than you realize."

"Honestly...I don't believe that."

"Well, you are."

"Maria, what if I never make it?"

"Bray, you already did. Don't you realize? You're on one of the best national teams in the world. You're on the best club team in the world. Barca knew we needed a new striker and they seeked you out not the other way around. Don't doubt yourself. You're a special player."

Maria tucked a hair behind my ear with a smile. Did she love me since I'm talented? Not that she doesn't just love me for me, but maybe I am better than I think I am. Star players date star players.

It was a surprise to me when Barcelona contacted my agent, but I think I may have been a little too eager to take the spot in order to get away. Its not that I'm regretting it, but I always wonder what if I didn't take it...

Would Lia and I ever been back?

"I was surprised to hear they wanted me."

"No offense we all were."

"Hmm tell me about it?"

"I didn't really read up about you...but I saw you that first day and....love at first sight Bray. You're so naturally beautiful."

"And your thoughts when you got to know about my past?"

"What are you referring to?" Mapi looked at me confused as I placed the empty bowl aside to cuddle into her.

"What did you think when I told you about Lia and Leah?"

"That they were both dumbasses."

"Did you think I was gay?"

"Braylee the first conversation I had with you was actually with your boyfriend at the time, so you tell me." Mapi laughed as I ran my finger in circles across her stomach.

"Yeah, looks can be deceiving right?"

"Biggest surprise was the artwork on your skin. You're style of tattoos is absolutely breathtaking. I think the composed secret style is special. I didn't realize you really had any until you took your shirt off for the first time." I could hear the smile on Maria's face. She had more tattoos than me still.

"I'm so glad I can see yours most of the time. Especially that sexy neck tattoo."

"Hmm looks can be deceiving." 

"You didn't know I was good at soccer?"

"FUTBOL. Never call it 'soccer' in front of me again." I giggled as Mapi gently pushed my head.

"No I had no idea how talented you are."

"I knew how talented you are."

"Well yeah. I'm like one of the most famous centerbacks in the game right now. I am Mapi Leon."

"Ew arrogant much?" I snickered as I turned to face her.

"You're lucky."

"I am lucky."

"I'm lucky too. You're an amazing person Bray. I love you."

"Eh you've mentioned that." I shrugged with a small smirk on my face.

"Oh shut up. Say it back now."

"Fine." I swung my leg over her body to straddle her lap.

"I. Love. You." I smiled inbetween kisses across her face and neck before gently toying with her bottom lip to tease her. Mapi never allowed that for a long time before she took over.

"I'm injured so we should be careful."

"Then sit here and look pretty pillow princess." I pouted as Mapi flipped our positions and threw me against the bed as if I weighed absolutely nothing.

"Let me-."

"No."

"Mapi! I've never gotten to show you-."

"Shut up."

"MARIA!"

"What?"

"Seriously, what's the deal with me always being on the receiving end? Do you not like to or...?" I looked at her concerned and she gave a small pouty look probably because she wasn't able to do what she wanted.

"Maybe I just prefer this role."

"That's not the answer I want."

"I don't dislike receiving I just very much prefer being able to do this." Mapi smiled as she made her way down my stomach kissing the surface gently.

"Fine. I'm not going to argue this anymore." I sighed as she glanced back up for a second with a smirk.

I will figure out the truth.

A\N: kind of a filler chapter...my minds been on a different story in my drafts right now

Captainsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें