47 - 48

Chapter 47 Inform
Eye protectionTurn off the lights
bigmiddleSmall
This is Aunt Sun's last day at work during the winter vacation.

Tomorrow is the twenty-eighth day of the new year, and it is also the day when Su Ning will come to pick Ji Ran back to Haiyun.

The hospital finally had a holiday. Fu Yanbai and Ji Ran were sitting at the dining table, eating a rare breakfast in a leisurely and lazy manner.

Aunt Sun: "Mr. Fu, when will you return to Tianbei? I made some dumplings in the refrigerator. If you don't leave tomorrow or the day after, I can just cook them."

Fu Yanbai: "Okay, thank you."

Aunt Sun closed the refrigerator, and the rabbit head that got a piece of ham quickly pawed away. The sunlight filtered in from the window, and the black and brown dog hair shone brightly.

She heated up another half cup of milk for Ji Ran and while the microwave was spinning, she couldn't help but say something: "By the way, did you watch the news this morning?"

The young master who slept in shook his head.

"A few days ago, a student jumped off the building at the Youth Palace. The report came out today. It's the Chinese New Year. Parents simply don't want to live anymore."

A fifty-year-old middle-aged aunt is comparable to a popular announcer on a local station. Aunt Sun's tone made her heart ached:

"I heard that his father scolded him in front of his classmates, saying that he had a twisted mentality and that men like men. Then the child couldn't stand it and jumped off the building!"

A mouthful of egg dumplings rested on the chopsticks. Ji Ran's heart trembled suddenly, and Fu Yanbai's voice rang out:

"The milk is ready."

""

Aunt Sun was stunned for a moment, then quickly reacted: "Oh, okay, look at my memory."

Half a glass of warm milk was put on the table. Ji Ran glanced at the reflection in the glass. Fortunately, Aunt Sun did not continue to broadcast the news and went back to the room to pack her luggage.

Fu Yanbai opened a hard-boiled egg, skillfully peeled off the egg white from the middle, and put it into Ji Ran's bowl. The yolk that some people didn't like was replaced by the rabbit's head.

"Do you want to write papers today?"

"Um."

"A few."

"Two math and two physics."

"I'll come back and see."

"oh."

After Ji Ran finished speaking, he paused: "You want to go out?"

Fu Yanbai said "Yes": "I'm going to the special ward in the afternoon. There are still some things to confirm before the operation."

Ji Ran knew that he was talking about the operation of that big shot, an important patient jointly operated by several hospitals. Fu Yanbai had been busy with it for almost the past two months, and the operation could not make any mistakes.

"Okay, then I'll wait for you for dinner?"

Ji Ran actually knew that Fu Yanbai would probably have to arrive at the first point when he arrived, because the physical signs and indicators had to be grasped from morning to night. But thinking that Su Ning would come to pick him up early tomorrow morning still made him feel a little itchy.

Fu Yanbai glanced over, moved the corners of his lips, and paused hesitantly: "It depends on the situation."

Depending on the situation, it's probably impossible.