51 - 52

Chapter 51 Love Song
Eye protectionTurn off the lights
bigmiddleSmall
Fu Yanbai didn't answer.

Why wait?

As Ji Ran stood, he suddenly remembered the big classroom in the past and the glass window next to Fu Yanbai's seat.

He thought of the noon and evening hours when he was sitting there, with the sunlight streaming in through the glass windows, and boys in twos and threes walking with balls and drinks between their arms, and he was always looking around.

He waited for Fu Yanbai to come back from playing football, waited for him to finish his English competition, waited for him to hand over a steamed bun if he was too late to go to the cafeteria at noon, waited for him to fill in the questions when he was free, and even waited for a chance to express his feelings before being rejected.

He knew the answer to this sentence.

Why wait.

It's because I like it.

If you fall in love with someone first, then liking becomes a kind of waiting. If you fall in love with someone first, you will be the one to wait for.

Ji Ran's hand passed through the white coat and touched the black shirt underneath. His voice was not questioning, but more like a thin whisper:

"What if I don't wait?"

--

Fu Yanbai seemed to have expected this answer. He looked at Ji Ran with a hint of coldness in his eyes, which sounded like sadness and relief.

He didn't want to wait.

Maybe in other words, Ji Ran won't wait for him.

Just like a blooming cherry blossom that is ready to wither at any time, it will not wait for any unknowns in life, and will not leave its warm emotions to tomorrow and the future.

He is the most special.

He is the freshness and beauty of life, just like that day when the wind blows and snows. He will not spend an extra day waiting for that snowy road, nor will he spend several years waiting for a man.

He thought it was an ABCD ranking question, but maybe it was a multiple-choice question, and if you had A, you would lose B.

Fu Yanbai's eyebrows were filled with anger. He seemed not to want to be led into this outcome, but the voice had already sounded in his ears.

"Is it important?"

Ji Ran asked softly: "Is it more important than me?"

The corner where I leaned against the table was dark as if a lamp had been blown on.

After a long time, Fu Yanbai said:

"You are young."

--

Throughout the summer vacation, the two of them had no contact.

Ji Ran and Su Ning and Ji Wei returned to Haiyun.

The old lady was naturally very happy. Ji Ran simply didn't go anywhere. She just stayed at home every day and got up early to peel oranges.

He made the old man happy. When he heard that he was going to study medicine in Tianbei, he bought a small single-family house next to the medical school, for fear that his little grandson would have to sleep in a dormitory in the future.

Ji Ran got an extra suite for no apparent reason, and Ji Ran didn't mind. He spent the afternoon and evening immersed in papers, studying more and more and forgetting to eat and sleep.