63 - 64

Chapter 63 Leaving
Eye protectionTurn off the lights
bigmiddleSmall
"All postponed?"

"Um."

Ji Ran was stunned for a moment.

No matter what happened between the two of them, Fu Yanbai never took it easy at work. He has continued intensive consultations and surgeries since returning to China, and he never made any jokes during working hours.

He couldn't help but ask one more question: "Then do you know where he went to other places?"

The little nurse shook her head: "I don't know. Why don't you ask the assistant director to see if you bought a ticket or something."

So Ji Ran knocked on the door of the doctor's office again. The two assistants inside looked up. When they heard that he was in an emergency, they scratched their heads: "The director left overnight after answering the phone last night. It seems that he was going to Luyang?"

After one finished speaking, he looked to the side uncertainly, and the other nodded and said, "Well, it said there was a patient, and I wanted to say that I helped drive, but the director didn't let me, so I left alone."

Lu Yang.

Ji Ran returned to the cafeteria. Xue Le waited for him for a while, then stood up and said, "Ran Ran, why don't you look so good? How about I tell the head nurse tonight and you go back to rest?"

"good."

Ji Ran took off his white coat and put it into Xue Le's hand. Xue Le was stunned for a moment.

He didn't expect Ji Ran to agree so lightly, just like the sun rising from the west. Before he could react, another badge was stuffed into his hand.

"Please help me take a day off tomorrow too."

"ah?"

After being a trainee for so long, this is the first time Ji Ran has taken the initiative to ask for leave. Xue Le's eyes almost popped out.

At around eight o'clock, the Land Rover's headlights dropped two beams of light on the highway. Fine raindrops fell into the lights, repeating in an endless cycle.

It takes 4 and a half hours to drive back to Luyang from Tianbei.

Ji Ran called Fu Yanbai twice on the way, but they didn't answer the phone.

As if he thought of something, he clicked on WeChat and left a voice message, then stepped on the accelerator and accelerated through the rain.

At twelve o'clock in the middle of the night, the car parked in front of Jiangnan University Affiliated Hospital. The fuel gauge was almost bottomed out. Ji Ran drove skillfully to the underground garage and looked at the large area from A to G one by one, just like he had every time before. Just like when you show up uninvited, look for the license plate of the car.

If the car is there, Fu Yanbai will most likely be there.

In the past few years, he would just run up with his schoolbag and open the office door pretending not to think too much.

And if the car is not there, he will go home obediently and wait at home.

Ji Ran walked around the underground garage for two full circles without seeing the car. He quickly drove up from the garage exit and went straight to Fu Yanbai's apartment.

He hasn't been here for more than four years.

The cafe and supermarket at the door have changed their appearance. The access control at the door is no longer the card drop machine. The security guard's desk is plated with golden copper. Once the elevator door opens, there is no longer a dog lock at the entrance. The shoe cabinet was empty, and there were no sneakers that he once filled.