Three: Help Is Not Coming.

Male reporter: "A 7.1 earthquake has rocked the southland and left 250,000 homes without electricity, and for most, there is an urgent need for..."

Female reporter: "Traffic lights out all over the city. Driving is extremely hazardous. Callers are urged to refrain from dialing 911 unless there is a real and true emergency."

Maddie: "No, sir, martial law has not been declared, and even if it had, I'm pretty sure that it's still illegal to just shoot anyone who comes on your property."

Another call came through.

Maddie: "911. What's your emergency? Sorry, ma'am, we can't really spare any units to come looking for your missing cat. Maybe put out a can of tuna? Yes. Open."

Another call came through.

Maddie: "911. What's your emergency? Dispatch, we have a report of looters at the Big 5 on Wilshire and San Vicente..."

"I shouldn't be doing this." She said, looking over at her trainer.

"You're doing fine. I've got my eye on you."

"People's lives are at stake here." She tells him.

"Look, we're stretched thin on our best day, and today is definitely not our best. You can do this."

Maddie: "911. What's your emergency?"

Man: "Uh, I need an ambulance. Uh, 6057 Comstock in Montebello."

Maddie: "What is the nature of your emergency?"

Man: "My wife. She's... she's just over 32 weeks pregnant, and she went into labour about an hour ago."

Maddie: "Tell me your name."

Man: "I'm Drew. Uh, Drew Hudson."

Maddie: "32 weeks isn't so early that we're in the danger zone."

Man: "I need an ambulance!"

Maddie: "I'm sorry, but we're backed up due to the earthquake."

Man: "I need help."

Maddie: "Help is not coming."

Maddie: "But I'm here

Maddie: "But I'm here. I'm a trained nurse, and I've delivered a lot of babies. I can talk you through this."

Man: "No, you can't. She's unconscious. We were on our way to the hospital when... when the second one hit. She fell."

"It's gonna be at least an hour before a truck can get there." He said.

She pointed at the screen.

"If you can't get the first responders to the caller..." He tells her.

She covered her mic, looking over at him.

"Get the caller to the first responders."

So that's what she did. She got Drew to take his wife to the first responder.