Fourteen: Broken.

A few weeks later, a van was driving down a road, pulling up outside a new house...

"Look at that." David said.

"It's better than the pictures, Dad. Could I take a look at my room?"

"Have at it." David says, signing softly and handing his son the keys.

"Come on, Jamie."

"Go on. I'll be right behind you." David tells her.

"Alex, wait up!" Jamie shouted, running into the house.

Alex laughed.

David opened the van that held their belongings, finding a photo and staring at it.

"We made it, babe." David says.

"Need some help?" Asked Jamie.

"Hey. Just, uh, yeah, moving is overwhelming, you know?" David asked.

"I miss her, too." Jamie tells him.

"This was her dream house. If she hadn't been in remission, I never would have gone through with it. I just wish she was here to see it." David said.

"She's here." Jamie says.

Alex knocked on the window, waving his hand at them.

"Hey, buddy." Said David.

"Don't worry, Dad. We're gonna get through it, together. It's all gonna be okay." Jamie said.

David wrapped his arms around his daughter.

Suddenly they pulled apart, hearing an explosion in the distance and a car alarm blaring

She screamed, seeing the house explode.

"Alex. Alex!" David shouted, running towards the house.

Another part of the house exploded. Alex quickly grabbed his phone, calling 911.

Automated voice: "You have reached a number that is not in service. If you feel like you have reached this number in error, please check the number and try again."

"Check the number? It's 911." Said David.

" Said David