Fifteen: Ocean's 9-1-1. Part Two.

Mercer and Wash were still questioning them...

"It must be hard for you. Taking another human being's life. Your boyfriend's sister's ex-husband, I believe?" Wash asked.

"Self-defence. He was trying to kill me." Ashleigh murmured, looking down at the table.

"Your wife losing her job at JPL." Mercer says.

Hen frowned.

"Yeah, I mean, kids in general are expensive. But they're worth it, right? Yeah, o... okay, maybe I picked up a few extra shifts here and there." Eddie said.

Wash and Mercer stared at Eddie.

"It's not a big deal."

*Flashback

*Flashback...*

"It is a big deal. Surfing lessons? $150 an hour?" Asked Shannon.

"The guy's giving me a discount."

"Carla, the private school, physical therapy, the after-school program. Eddie, I know what all that costs." Shannon tells him.

"It's under control. Don't worry."

"Every time we talk about money, you tell me not to worry. Guess what, I worry." Shannon says.

"Ugh. Don't."

*End of Flashback...*

"300 grand does solve a lot of problems." Mercer said.

"I've got two full-time jobs: firefighter and dad. I don't have time to plan a robbery." Said Eddie.

"You've only recently returned to work after six weeks at home, guy like you, what you do for a living, you must've been climbing the wall." Wash says.

"More like redecorating them." Chimney says.

"Sounds like you had a lot of time on your hands, to think. To plan?" Asked Mercer.

"You mean to plot? Who did I plot with?" Asked Chimney.

"No one on my team would do this. I am sure of it." Bobby tells them.

"You moved here two, three years ago. Minnesota, right?" Wash asked.

"Mm." Bobby says, nodding his head.

"Left there under a bit of a cloud, didn't you, Captain?" Mercer asked.

"Trust is, you don't know the people you work with, and they don't know you, do they, Captain Nash?" Asked Wash.

"But I trust him completely. I trust his gut. He's saved my life countless times." Ashleigh says.

"I trust him. So when he said we needed to get into that vault, yeah, I believed him." Said Buck.

"You chose to run into that vault, Firefighter Gilbert, believing there was a nerve agent present. Why would you do that?" Mercer asked, staring at her.