Seventeen: Careful What You Wish For. Part Two.

A man chuckled, seeing his wife walking downstairs, and he held out some flowers...

"Ah. Peonies." She says, smelling the flowers.

He chuckled.

"Like clockwork every year." She said.

"Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary." She said, pecking him on the lips. "Happy 25th."

"Oh, I know. Right, huh? I called Roberto, and he's giving us the table in front."

"Oh, we're going to Roberto's?" She asked.

"We always go to Roberto's. I'm sorry, honey. Were you wishing that I'd pick someplace else?"

"Wishes are for suckers. Come here." She said, kissing him lovingly.

" She said, kissing him lovingly

The doorbell rang.

"Oh. Well, you go get your keys, and I'll get the door." She says, opening the door, finding a brown box there.

A car drove off.

"Oh, Ned." She said, shaking her head and picking up the box. "I guess you can still surprise me after all."

She laughed lightly, shaking the box, and suddenly it exploded.

The 118 raced to the house, and Athena walked over to the truck...

"Mail bomb. Wife's in rough shape, but she's still in one piece. The house hasn't been cleared yet. Bomb squad's still a couple of minutes out." Athena said, staring at Chimney.

"Copy that. Let's move!" Chimney shouted.

Ashleigh and Hen ran past Chimney, running over to the woman.

"Here! She's not breathing! I tried talking to her, but she wouldn't answer." Ned tells them,

Ashleigh kneeled beside the woman.

"Well, she's not gonna be able to hear you 'cause her eardrums are blown out. All right, let's turn her." Said Ashleigh.

Hen and Eddie grunted, putting the woman on her back.

"Breathing's shallow. We're looking at a bilateral pneumothorax. We don't release the pressure she could suffocate." Ashleigh said, grabbing some scissors and cutting her top.

"Ash, I did my share of these in combat." Eddie tells her.

"Get some fentanyl, slow drip." Ashleigh said.

"Ash, there's post-attack protocol." Hen says.

"Hen, you think I can't do my job? I'm the most experienced paramedic on-site. Four-inch catheter, ten-gauge." Ashleigh tells her.

"All right, Buck and Eddie, there could be a secondary device. We need to get everyone off the "X." Chimney tells them.

"Sir, is there anyone else in the house?" Buck asked.