Eighteen: This Life We Choose.

News: "Hello everybody. Thanks for spending your mornings with us today. Angelenos waking up a little bit on edge today after a second package bomb has exploded in the Southland in as many days. Now, the first victim, Miranda Filson, she's a criminal defence attorney from South Pasadena and somehow survived the blast. The second victim, a retired insurance adjustor, is clinging to life at this very hour. Authorities are urging the public: stay vigilant. If you see something, say something."

Dispatch: "If the truck's parked in a driveway with its hazards on, it's probably making a delivery."

Maddie: "Uh, I'm sorry. Ma'am, I'm having trouble hearing you. Are you being attacked by a dog?"

Woman: "No! That's my dog! We've got the bomber pinned down! Send the cops!"

Maddie: "You say you have the bomber pinned down?"

Woman: "I caught him putting a package in my mailbox."

"I'm the mailman!" He shouted.

Maddie dispatched officers to the house.

Maddie: "911. What's your emergency?"

Woman: "Oh, my God, there's a backpack! There's a backpack outside Brookside Elementary!"

Maddie: "Ma'am?"

Woman: "Send the cops! Quick! Please!"

Maddie: "Ma'am, slow down. Tell me again, where was the backpack found?"

At Brookside Elementary, a red backpack was sitting on the grass, and children screamed...

The 118 arrived on the scene with the bomb squad.

"All right, everyone, as close and as tight to the truck as you can be." Ashleigh said.

"All right, stay tucked in. Stay tucked in." Chimney says.

"You guys are doing great. Thank you." Ashleigh says.

Athena walked over to them.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess. Nobody claimed it." Athena tells them.

"Yeah, but it's not a package. I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail." Buck said.

"Maybe he changed his M.O. Or inspired some other crazy." Said Ashleigh.

A guy began walking towards the backpack, and he kneeled down in front of it, scanning it with a machine.

Jim: "Carlos, what do we got?"

Carlos: "Unclear. Some metallic component is interfering with the image. Shall we travel it? I repeat, shall we travel it?"

Jim: "Let's not take any chances. Proceed with controlled detonation."

Carlos: "Copy that."

Carlos then placed another bomb on the bag and stood up, walking away from the backpack.

Jim: "All units, be advised! Fire in the hole."

"Stay tucked in." Said Chimney.

Jim: "On my mark!"

"Down, down, down." Ashleigh said, kneeling down behind the children.

Jim: "Three... two... one."

Jim pushed the button, and the backpack exploded.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stay back, stay back, stay back." Ashleigh tells them.

The firefighters and Athena stepped forward, and Carlos walked back over, seeing a paste on the tree.