Eighteen: This Life We Choose. Part Two.

Ashleigh breathed heavily and lay outside the fire truck...

Her hands moved across the floor, and she gasped loudly, and a piece of glass fell on her foot.

"Ow. Oh!" Ashleigh shouted, grunting loudly.

The side of her head was bleeding, and she tried pulling herself free, and she screamed

She opened her eyes, hearing footsteps approaching and seeing a blurry figure walking over to her.

She squinted her eyes, staring at him.

"You're new." He said.

Her eyes saw that he had a bomb strapped around him, holding a button in his hand.

The scene was now covered with cops and bystanders...

Dwight: "If you're just joining us, witnesses are reporting that this LAFD ladder truck belonging to station house 118 was hit by some kind of explosive as it was making its way to a call."

Ashleigh lifted her head from the floor, looking around.

Dwight: "Now, you can see there's a firefighter pinned under that truck..."

At the dispatch center, Maddie and Josh stood in front of the TV, watching the news...

"Looks like a crush injury. Those can be tricky. Hypovolemic shock. Hyperkalemia. She's all alone."

A few more dispatch people joined them in the room

"No, she's not. She's not. Her team is there. Her boyfriend and friends. She's surrounded by people who want to help her." Josh tells her.

"Then how come no one's running in there?" Asked Maddie.

"They can't. You know that. I bet Buck's itching to run over, but they can't." Said Josh.

Shawn arrived on the scene, speaking to a bomb squad person...

"We've got a perimeter set up, but we're just guessing the blast radius on that thing."