Eleven: New Beginnings. Part Two.

Later, Athena and Maddie walked into the dispatch center...

"So he seemed fine?"

"Well, I said there were no marks on him that I could see, but fine? I'm not so sure. That's why I want to hear the call." Athena said.

Maddie: "Wait, Stevie, are you hurt?"

Stevie: "Me? No. It's, uh..."

"Stevie, give me that phone."

"Go back." Athena tells him.

"Stevie, give me that phone."

"Right there, in the background, before the dad comes to the phone." Said Athena.

The guy edited the recording and slowed it down.

"Stevie, give me that phone. Stay here; don't touch anything."

"So someone else was in the house?" Maddie asked, furrowing her brows.

"The boy said it was just him and his dad." Athena tells her.

Later, Eric opened a cupboard, putting the light on...

"You gonna behave?"

The little boy nodded his head.

Stevie placed some plates on a table.

"You sit here, Noah." Eric says.

"My name's not Noah."

"It is now." Said Eric. "Stevie. Stevie, turn that off."

Stevie stood up, walking over to the TV, and saw a picture of Brian, who was the little boy sitting at the table.

Stevie switched the TV off.

Later that night, Athena and a man sit outside Eric's house, seeing Stevie and Eric taking in the bins...

"Eric Lawrence Parnell. 42. Single. Works as a freelance I.T. guy. Grew up at this address. Mom died in '03, left him the house. He's clean, Sergeant."

"Mm, clean, or maybe just careful. And the son?" She asked.

"Steven Parnell. 13. Enrolled at Los Nietos. Middle School. Counselor says he's an average student. Quiet. Keeps to himself."

"Except when he's calling 911." She tells him.

"What do you think's going on in that house, Sergeant?"

"I don't know yet, but I got a gut feeling something ain't right." She says.

"Well, your gut's good enough for me, but, uh, there's no reason for you to be sitting out here staring at the man's garbage. Me and my guys can handle this. I'm sure you'd rather be home with the family."

"No, I'm good. My mother's in town. She said she's leaving, but she can't seem to find a flight out." She said.

She sees a guy grabbing a bag of trash from Eric's bin and walking away.

"Anything in particular you think we should be looking for?"

"No, nothing in particular; just let me know what you find." She says.

"You got it."

He climbed out of her car.

The next morning at the firehouse, Bobby, Hen, and Ashleigh were clearing the table...

"I didn't know what to say. I figured I should stay out of it, but then..." Bobby said.

"Mama got mean." Ashleigh muttered.

Hen chuckled.

"Look, there's a whole new spectrum of Mom A-types. You got the cool mom, you got the helicopter mom, you got the tiger mom, and then you got Beatrice."