Thirteen: Fight or Flight. Part Two.

Still with Buck and Athena...

Buck: "Hello?"

Unknown: "Buck? Buck, is that... is that you?"

Buck: "Oh, my God... Ashleigh? Is that you? You're alive. Where are you?"

Unknown: "I... I don't know. I'm in the boot of the car. Listen, we... we stopped off at a gas station... Buck, he killed the guy. And he's gonna kill me next."

Ashleigh started crying, holding the cashier's phone against her ear.

Buck: "No, I'm not gonna let that happen, all right? Me and Athena are gonna find you and Maddie, okay? You just need to hold on and fight. Don't give up. Do you hear me? Fight and don't give up."

Athena: "Fight with everything you've got, Ash."

Ashleigh felt the car jerk forward, and her head hit something.

Unknown: "Buck, I need to say something in case I don't get to tell you."

Buck: "No, you can tell me when we find you, all right? You're not saying goodbye or anything over the phone."

Ashleigh screamed, seeing the boot opening, and saw Doug standing there.

"Clever girl. Give me the phone!" He shouted.

Buck: "Ashleigh!"

"No! No!" Ashleigh shouted, kicking her legs around.

Buck flinched, hearing a gunshot, and Ashleigh screamed.

Buck: "Ashleigh! Ashleigh!"

Unknown: "Good luck finding your girlfriend alive."

Buck: "Ashleigh!"

The phone went dead, and Buck looked over at Athena with his eyes wide.

Later, Doug was still driving, and Maddie stared ahead...

"Did you shoot her?"

"No." He said.

She stared at the gun in his hand. Sirens could be heard.

"Damn it." He mumbled.

She looked through the mirror, seeing a police car. Suddenly, the cop car overtook them, driving off.

"We have to get off this road."

"Just shut up." He tells her.

"There were cameras, Doug. When they find that guy..."

"Do you think this was my fault?" He asked.

"No. No, it was my fault. I dragged Ashleigh and Buck into this."

"That's right. And because of her, they're gonna find him sooner. That's what happens when you try to run away from me, Maddie. People get hurt."