Eight: Ash, Actually. Part Two.

Later that night, Buck and Ashleigh went on a drive, and he parked on top of a cliff...

"Whoa. Look at the city lit up. Wow, so beautiful." She muttered.

"Yeah. Been a long day today. Yeah, Cap always says it's strange to hope for boring, but... we do."

"Yeah... kind of have the same job, Buckaroo." She murmured, laughing softly. "There's a story in there somewhere, right?"

"How about "Firefighter Acts Like a Pig?" Um, the other night, w... we were drinking, and I... I don't know, I... I just don't want you to feel..."

"Buckaroo, did you bring me here to apologise?" She asked.

"Look, I know we're together and stuff, and we're looking for our own place, but I... I don't want you to feel used or... or taken advantage of. Because I respect you, you know? I... I do. And th... that guy, that's not me. It used to be me."

"That's such a shame... I'm a grown woman, Buckaroo. I'm the one who got you your drinks, remember?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, fair enough. I guess I can take karaoke bathroom off my bucket list. So you want to grab a drink?"

"Mm. Some other time, maybe? What about your Jeep? Where's that on your bucket list?" She asked.

She removed her seatbelt, climbed over him, put his seat back, and kissed him.

"Hey, wait, wait, wait, wait. I... I don't want you to think I don't respect you."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll deal with it." She muttered.

"All right."

They kissed again, and her phone vibrated, and she grabbed it.

She puts it down and continues kissing him.

The next morning, 118 drove down a road, watching Athena set down some sort of firestick on the road...

Athena waved for them to go ahead.

"What do we got?" Bobby asked.

"Couple of newlyweds. Driver's Paul Williams. No ID on the passenger. Another car drifted into their lane. The driver tried to avoid getting hit, car went off the road. Bobby, it's bad. Car's wrapped tight around that tree." Athena tells them.

"Come on, guys, hustle up. Driver's name is Paul." Bobby said.

"Damn, the tree's folded right into the car." Ashleigh says, running over to the car.

"Ash, see if you can reach her." Bobby said.

Ashleigh and Eddie pulled on the car door, and Ashleigh placed her fingers against the woman's neck.

"I got a pulse. She's alive." Said Ashleigh.

"I don't have a clear path to the groom. Cap, can you get in from your side?" Asked Buck.