Five: Awful People. Part Two.

Still at the dispatch center...

"Talk later." Josh said, walking away quickly.

Maddie stayed standing beside Ashleigh.

"You betrayed me. They want to put me in jail because of what you said!" Gloria shouted as.

"I'm a firefighter and a paramedic, and my job is to save people. You hung up on people purposely." Ashleigh says, walking away from her.

"Awful people!" Gloria shouted.

"That doesn't give you a right to leave them for dead!" Ashleigh shouted, spinning around and glaring at her.

The other dispatchers stood up, staring at Gloria and Ashleigh.

"It was people who yell, scream, and cry and expect you to do something for them. I mean, do they ever say, "How are you?" Do they ever ask, "How are you doing, Gloria?" Do they ever think of anything but themselves and what they need? No! You give them everything you have, and then they leave you for your sister! You know, whoever you are..." Gloria said.

"Ashleigh." Ashleigh says.

"You know, Ashleigh, I'm..." Said Gloria.

"Ma'am, it's time to go." A security guard said, walking over to her.

"This... you can't just toss me into the trash!" Gloria shouted.

Sue and Maddie rubbed Ashleigh's back.

"I won "Outstanding Dispatcher" eight times. I took more calls than anyone." Gloria tells them.

The security guards pulled her into an elevator.

"Half of them were under 45 seconds." Sue says, looking over at Ashleigh.

"This isn't over, Ashleigh! Just mark my words. Snitches get stitches!"

The guards pulled her inside, and the doors closed

The guards pulled her inside, and the doors closed. Sue walked away, and Maddie comforted Ashleigh.

A few days later, Hen walked into the house with Paisley and Denny, and Hen heard Karen on the phone...

Karen: "What does that mean for us? What rights does that give him?"

"Here, little man, take Paisley to your room." Hen tells him.

"Never a good sign hearing from your lawyer after office hours." Hen said.

"Well, the lab report came back. Nathaniel Green is Denny's biological father."

"What does that mean?" Hen asked.

"It means... he has rights. It means he could try to take our son away from us."

"What does Mark say?" Asked Hen.

"That we're screwed. I mean, he used more lawyerly words. Our case is more "challenging" now. And, "The court will have to balance the interests of the child against the birth mother's fraudulent acts."