Six: Dosed. Part Two.

The next morning, Chimney ran over to the table...

"New arrival. When they send it in plastic, we know it's gonna be good." Chimney said, opening the lid and finding it empty. "Aw. Serious, you guys? Couldn't even leave me any crumbs?"

"Oh, Chim, you missed out." Ashleigh tells him.

"Is that chocolate?" Asked Chimney.

"Fudge with nuts." Eddie says.

"I love fudge with nuts." Chimney tells him.

"Ooh, you would've loved these then... scrumptious." Ashleigh said, stuffing it into her mouth.

Chimney dropped the tub on the table, and Hen laughed, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry, you had to see this, this dark underbelly of hour 21 in a 24-hour shift. Gets pretty mercenary around here." Chimney tells them.

The bell rang, and they all ran downstairs. Ashleigh climbed into the fire truck with Buck, Eddie, and Chimney.

"I guess I'm riding the ambulance." Said Hen.

"Where's Captain Nash?" Taylor asked.

"He's sitting this one out, wrapping the shift. It's simple med call." Ashleigh said, slamming the door.

Taylor and the cameraman walked upstairs...

"He's like that woman, Ashleigh; he doesn't wanna talk to you."

"He'll talk to me. I am done going up in that chopper and reporting on gridlock. Captain Nash, I know you and Ashleigh don't think very highly of me. I also know that you two have been avoiding me. I want you to know I only have one goal here: to tell a story about your station." She said.

"You can have a true story. There's truth around us all the time. There's truth right here on this napkin." Bobby said.

"I'm sorry?" She asked.

"Every crumb is a universe onto itself." Bobby says.

"The more you zoom in, the more you'll see

"The more you zoom in, the more you'll see." Bobby said, grabbing the camera.

"Is he high?"

Taylor and the cameraman looked around at the other firefighters, seeing them laughing.

"I think they're all high." She tells him.

"Holy crap. It's the brownies. They've been dosed. Wait, you didn't have one, did you?"

"Do I look like I eat fudge? Keep rolling." She said.

In the fire truck, Ashleigh and Buck itched her nose with their arms...

"You two too? Man, allergies are going crazy today." Eddie says.

"Yeah. The index wasn't elevated this morning. Think it's a new kind?" Asked Buck.