13

Marcus kept his promise like he said. Everyday around 9-10AM he was parked outside the house. It had been goin on for weeks now. We'd been spending so much time together. It felt different, something I wasn't use to. A man spending time with me with me not having to exchange any sexual favors. Is this what he meant when he said something about love? Apparently I didn't know what love meant, let Marcus tell it. My step daddy & Daddy were the only two men to ever tell me they loved me. But Marcus said it couldn't be love if they were hurting me in the process. A couple of my clients told me they loved me but I knew it all came with the game. Now I was confused.
Some days we went out to eat, we went to see basketball games, to the movies, and even long walks in the park. The days we didn't go out to eat he taught me how to make dishes around his kitchen. It tickles me to see a street nigga really throw down in the kitchen. He showed me a part of life I never seen before. And once we finished eating some days he would massage my feet. He really knew how to make a woman feel good. But what about all the stories of the woman fuckin over him? What was it about Marcus that he was hiding? Ugh, it was happening again, my mind was on 100. I had to admit I loved his company and if he did have something to hid I would have to find out sooner or later but ima enjoy this why it lasts.
I had drifted off midways into Taken 3. I was awaken by Marcus calling my name.
"Gina. G, wake up,"
"Yea, Marcus what's up."
"I wanted to ask you for a favor," I knew sooner or later he would ask me for sex. But how could I be mad I did this shit every night with random ass niggas.
"Can you spend the night."
"You would have to call and talk to a Ced." "Naw, I'm not looking for that type of party. You don't have to sleep with me. There's enough rooms here that you can sleep in or you could sleep right here, but I want you here when I wake up Gina." He said. I knew it was sincere. He didn't even look the same with those puppy dog eyes.
"Marcus, I can't. I have to go back to Daddy. I meant Ced!"
"So after all I've done to show you the good life, you'd still rather go back huh? I guess it ain't no saving you huh? I can't believe this shit!" He said shaking his head.
"Marcus, I'm sorry!"
"Come on let's go, it's getting late!" He said snatching his Nike windbreaker from off the back of the couch. He opened the garage and he opened the door to a Black Navigator. Black must be this nigga favorite color, I thought to myself. He pulled off. As we pulled up to Daddy's house. He gave me the money and didn't say a word. I got out and immediately I heard Don't save her, she don't want to be saved by Project Pat. He jetted off damn near burning rubber in Daddy's drive way.
I opened the door and Ashley was the first face I seen..