19

I finally found out why I was the hospital and what happened to me. I wasn't mad at Jssmine I couldn't be. When your in this line of work, sometimes you take a loss or two. I'm thankful to be alive. God has got to have a purpose for me to survive that horrific incident. I can't go back, I just can't. I vow to make a change in my life.
A couple days later the hospital started me on therapy. I was learning to walk without my walker. The pain started to subdue. I started to think of Marcus and why I haven't heard from him or seen him, I'm not surprised. Everything good in my life was gone, why should he stick around trying fix all the fuck ups in my life. After therapy I got back into bed. I watched as the nurses paced back and forth. Patients standing at the nurses station asking for pain meds. I occasionally talked with my case manager and she let know that there was a women's shelter on the other side of town with openings that had openings. I was excited I was tired of laying in this hospital bed. I was ready to leave and restart my life. As soon as I turned my tv off in my room and started to drift off I heard a familiar voice coming from the nurses station. They were looking for me. I pretended to be sleep as the footsteps entered my room.
"Whassup baby? I heard you were doing better. As soon as you fully recover you know you can come home to me. My home is always open for you. I know you haven't heard from me in a while but it would've killed me to see you like that. I love you so much. I've been in love with you since I first met you. I'm so sorry how things turned out for you but I'll be sure to make it up and make sure it never happens again. You just come home baby." Then there was a kiss on my forehead. Still I didn't move or blink. I laid there as if I was lifeless. Soon after I heard the footsteps leave the room. It was Daddy. And there was also a case of flowers now on my side table. I knew he would find me.