28

I didn't even see it coming. Nor did I see the others that followed. I balled up on the floor as he continued ranting and raging.
"I give you all of this and you still want to fuck with that busta ass nigga! You think I'm fucking stupid! You think you gone play me?"
"Marcus stop! I swear I didn't know! I swear!"
"You think I'm gone believe that bullshit! You couldn't wait to get out of my eyesight and go back to that nigga! You back fucking with that nigga? You wanna be back with that nigga? Give me your fucking phone!"
I gave him the phone. I could see the screen light up in the darkness showing the angriness in his face. Something was off. Something didn't seem right. His facial expression was angry but empty, almost seeming to appear numb. I'd never seen Marcus this way. He threw the phone back at me and then walked away. I soon got up and ran upstairs into the room. As I passed the kitchen, that's when I seen it. Before he slammed the door I could see two white lines of a powdery substance on the table. Marcus was on drugs! That explained the facial expression on his face. I continued upstairs and locked the door behind me. I walked into the bathroom and looked at my face. It wasn't too bad, a swollen lip and a busted nose. I had worse. I cleaned up my face and got into the shower. I heard the door open. I quickly pulled back the curtain, only to find Marcus getting out of his clothes. He joined me in the shower. We never spoke a word. He stood behind me, grabbed my neck and started to kiss me passionately. He then got out of the shower. Once I got out of the bathroom, Marcus was knocked out lying face down in bed, still in his towel. I didn't disturb him, instead I walked downstairs and slept on the couch.
Morning came, nothing like other mornings no foot rubs, no breakfast, no Marcus. I really don't know how I felt about last night. Maybe I deserved it, why didn't I just turn around. I know it hurt his pride to see me dancing with Daddy out of all people, but I really didn't know. Maybe it was the drugs. I've never known Marcus to be on drugs. Ever since I've been here after I've got out of rehab I've never even seen drugs around the house up until last night. His behavior really shocked me. I would've never guessed that Marcus would hit me. Really made me wonder did he hit Ashley? Is that the reason she turned on him to set him up? Everything was starting to become so confusing. I scrambled an egg and prepared to get ready for work.
Hey baby-Marcus
Hi-Gina
Sorry bout breakfast, had some business to handle-Marcus
Okay-Gina
You know I love you Gina, just been a lot going on, too much to talk about right now, but I'll make it up to you I promise.-Marcus
I love you too-Gina
I got to go, have a good day at work- Marcus
Everything okay?-Mariah
Yea. I guess so.-Gina
He was really upset, called me and cursed me out saying that I took you out to be with that nigga and everything-Mariah
Really?-Gina
I promise you I didn't know Mariah- Gina
I believe you. Once he finally calmed down, he started telling me how much he loved you and how much he felt betrayed, he even said he was gone kill dat nigga -Mariah
But it really wasn't like that Riah-Gina
I know baby girl, just keep ya head up-Mariah
Did he tell you wat happened?-Mariah
No, what happened?-Gina
I'll wait for him to tell you, but that's probably why he been tripping out so much lately. Love you G-Mariah
Love you too-Gina
I thought about that all day. What could possibly be going on? I didn't think it was okay to ask, so I'll just wait until he told me. After work, I went straight home. I did this every day since that night. I didn't go anywhere but work and home. I just wanted to please my man and get things back on track. Everything started to fall back in place, but I still felt as if something was wrong or missing. It was evident that Marcus was really on drugs. I've seen him on several other occasions. He tries to be so secretive about it. Most times he lock himself in the bathroom for a while, but after he leaves there would be a small amount of residue left. I didn't question him about it afraid that he would blow up. I would simply put on some clothes and go to Mariah's house til I think his high has gone down. I just wanted to avoid all altercations.
I knocked on the door, Mariah answered.
"Hey girl"
"Whassup?"
"Nothing just wanted to get out of the house."
"Ain't nothing wrong with that. Where Marcus?"
"Girl at home probably sleep." I never told Mariah about the drugs. I just thought it would be best not to. He was such a private person I knew he wouldn't appreciate me telling his business, so I kept my mouth closed. We ended up watching Playas Club and I ended up falling asleep. I awoke to several missed calls and messages from Marcus.
Hey baby-Marcus
Baby?-Marcus
Where you?-Marcus
What you doing G?-Marcus
Where the fuck are you it's 2 in the morning?-Marcus
So I guess you back fucking with that nigga huh?-Marcus
I just knew this would be a problem. I grabbed my keys and hurried out the door. I didn't wake up Mariah, who had seemed to have passed out right after I did. I locked the door behind me and got into my car. I did 80 mph, racing home to Marcus. I just didn't want any problems but from the look of my text messages I could tell trouble would probably be waiting on me.  I pulled up in the drive way. I could see a dim light coming from inside the living room. I put my key inside the door, and for some reason it didn't open. I looked down to make sure it was the right key, and it was but it didn't open the door. Did Marcus really change the locks on me? I knocked on the door and waited for Marcus to open the door. When he did, he just walked away and returned to the chair that he must've been sitting in waiting on me. On the table I could see that there was a line of dope untouched but residue that more was once there.
"Marcus, you changed the locks on the door?"
"You damn right! You think you gone walk in and out of my shit freely and you still fucking off?!" he said angrily, spit coming out of his mouth.
"Marcus, I was at Mariah's house! I swear!"
"Fuck that I called Mariah and she ain't answer, I guess she helping you go back to that nigga!"
"Marcus are you serious?!"
"Bitch do I sound serious?" Marcus had never called me out of my name.
"Bitch? Oh so I'm a bitch Marcus?"
"Oh you can't fucking hear, bitch! I made yo ass what you are today if you wanna go back to them streets bitch you can go!"
I couldn't believe Marcus would ever talk to me this way or even throw it back in my face what he has done for me. I grabbed my purse and stood to leave. There was no way I was staying here.
"Where the fuck you think you going?"
"Fuck you Marcus!"
"Fuck me bitch? After all I done for you and its fuck me?" he said grabbing my neck, choking me.
"Let me go! Let me go!"
"Ain't got such a big mouth now huh, bitch"
"Let me go Marcus!" I could feel myself going in and out of consciousness. I began scratching him in his face. He wouldn't let up. I finally found his eyes and began to dig as hard as I could. He finally let me go. I ran out of the house and got into my car.