18

I laid in bed trying to make sense of it all. It was useless. To sum it up my life was just fucked up! Molested by my step daddy and pimped out by his nephew. One sick ass family. I didn't cry when they carried him out the room. As much as I didn't want to see him, I'm glad I did. I now had some closure. I made a promise to myself to go to my mother's grave. Soon after he was gone I had drifted on to sleep. Once I awakened I noticed a letter on my beside table. It had no name on it. It read:

Hey Cassie,
I kno I'm probably the last person you would want to talk to but I had to write you. I miss you so much around the house. Things were crazy the day you left. You're probably like fuck me, but I had to do it. As mad as he was that day we probably would've been sharing the same hospital room. He has never told us to join in, he usually handled his business alone. Maybe it was Ashley that pumped him up. I felt so bad. It's like he had no remorse. He stripped all of your clothes off and picked your body up and dropped you off on the street in some quiet neighborhood. You were really close to death. I thought you were dead until I heard one of my clients chilling with a couple of his niggas and they were talking about it. Said that someone found you and took you to the hospital. I tried to warn you about her but you didn't listen. She's been plotting against you since the night you slept with Daddy. Once you started bringing in all that extra money and getting all that attention from Daddy she couldn't take it. She even went so far as to follow you once you started getting those calls everyday. She told Daddy it was that time of the month for her and a couple other girls, and he let her drive. She knew that was the only thing Daddy wouldn't go buy himself. She was even more hurt once she found out who you had been spending your time with. She told a couple girls how much she was in love with him back in the day, and how Daddy persuaded her to rob him, promising her how he would change her life and that she would never have to want for anything. The house seems so different without you here. I wrote you to tell you that Daddy isn't finished with you. Once you recover he wants you back home. He said you still owed him money and that everyday your still walking this green Earth your gonna pay for stealing from him. He said he left the last bitch slide and he'll never in his life do it again. Run Cassie and never look back !

Have I not been through enough shit today? I let the morphine take me out.