Chapter 2- New beginnings

Marcella

I walked up to the doors of Tommen College, Shannon trailing closely behind me, and grinned widely as drops of rain showered my face.

It was pouring outside, and while Shannon considered rain bad luck, I loved it.

The rain was my favorite thing. It was refreshing and soothing, and rather than symbolizing bad luck, it symbolized a fresh start in my mind.

I looked down at my phone to check the time, only to see that my first hour started in five minutes. Me and Shannon had been exploring the campus for nearly two hours now, since the only bus that went past Tommen from our street left hours before school, and our father was still refusing to drive us.

I reached my hand behind me and grabbed my school schedule from the side pocket of my backpack. I grinned as I unfolded my schedule and saw that I had math first hour. Math was my worst class, so I suppose I was excited to get it done in my first hour.

What was even better was that it was the closest classroom to me, being the first classroom up the staircase.

I arrived to math class just in time as the bell rang, walking straight over to the closest table to the door.

As I sat down both girls sitting at the table gave me a dirty look, one glaring at me shamelessly.

She was a red head, with the most gorgeous curls that fell perfectly on her thin shoulders.

I smiled at her before reaching into my backpack and grabbing my math book like all of the other students around me had. The teacher started teaching, but I couldn't focus well with the blazing gaze of the red headed girl.

The other girl who had looked at me as I sat down was also stealing glances at me, although they were much calmer and caring than her original appearance. She was a gorgeous brunette with wavy hair that flowed down her shoulders and curled flawlessly at the ends.

Her features were stunningly delicate but her gaze was fierce and focused as she worked hard on her math.

"Now work with your groups until the end of class" I heard the teacher speak, now looking up at the clock confused. Nearly an hour had passed and there were only five minutes left in this class.

There seemed to be an unspoken agreement among the rest of my group members, the red head, the dirty blonde, and a very shy brunette boy sitting next to me, that we would definitely not be working together. I looked down at my fresh paper, attempting to solve the first of the problems in the board when the red head spoke up.

"Why are you only wearing concealer under one eye?" she spoke, voice disgusted, and it took me a moment to realize she was speaking to me.

I froze.

Shit.

My dad. Last night.

He had back handed me so hard that I had spent nearly an hour concealing my eye this morning, and I forgot to even the other eye out.

When I didn't respond, the dirty blonde girl next to her spoke.

"Well why are you wearing concealer under both of your eyes?" she snapped.

"Oh shut up Abigail, stop acting all righteous just because the only makeup you can use is lip gloss." The red head snapped

"No way your telling me I don't know how to use makeup, lower your foundation four shades then try insulting me Tilly" Abigail responded nonchalantly as she returned her gaze to her paper, only breaking her gaze for a second to look up at me and smile, which I quickly did back.

"Are you new?" she spoke, tone calmer. "I don't recognize you".

"Oh yeah" I laughed awkwardly "Todays my first day, I just transferred from BCS"

"Why'd you transfer mid year?" she asked the question I'd been dreading.

It was silent for a moment while I contemplated how to respond.

"My sister wanted to transfer, and I came with her to help out" I spoke truthfully

"You came just for your sister?" Abigail spoke "I don't know if I could ever do that for my sister"

"Well my sister is in the same year as me and she was pretty nervous to transfer to I thought It would be easier" I explained

"Oh are you and your sister twins?" Abigail questioned.

"Oh no, she was born ten months before me" I laughed. "She also repeated third year so we ended up in the same year"

"Oh that's so cool" Abigail said just as the bell rang and I began packing up my backpack.

"Are you guys very close?" she asked, as we now walked out of the class together.

"Yeah, I'm probably closest to my Shannon, and my brother Joey". I explained

"You have a brother?" she questioned

"Yeah I have five actually!" I laughed.

"Holy Shit, five brothers!" Abigail exclaimed. "That's crazy".

"Hey what do you have next hour?" she asked.

I looked down at my schedule, stopping when I saw English as my next hour. Abigail looked over my shoulder, wincing when she read it.

"I'm sorry we're in opposite buildings, but I'll see you at lunch?" She asked and I beamed at the invitation.

"Sounds good!" I said, now walking to my next class in the other building.

It was pouring rain on me as I walked to the opposite building.

After the longest walk of my life, I arrived at the building I was assigned to and sighed as I made it up the front steps and walked inside onto the linoleum tiles, my shoes squeaking against them. I heard the door slam open from behind me and as I turned to face the noise, a large figure slammed into me.

Authors note

Hey guys! I'm gonna try to write over thanksgiving!!
35 reads already!! Thank you so much for anting supporting me and I hope you guys have an amazing day.

WC- 1007