Chapter 40- I'm Fucked

Ethan

Marcella Lynch may very well be the death of me.

The girl now rivaled even Johnny for the title of my best friend, seeing as I'd spent every lasting second of the past few weeks thinking of the girl.

And not only was she the funniest fucking person I'd ever met, but she had a sunny disposition that rivaled even Claire Biggs.

She had flown into my life less hardly a month ago, all shits and giggles, and had since knocked me fully on my ass.

Christ

I can't believe I sound like that.

Fuck.

Just then, Marci emerged from the Tommen parking lot and headed towards the building, her head hung low and her feet dragging behind her as Shannon separated from beside her with a worried glance.

When she reached where I stood beside the concrete pillars lining the school building, she breezed right past me, ignoring my gaze completely.

Did I do something?

I scoured my mind for a reason she could be upset with me, but came up empty, and followed after her.

I jogged to reach her in the hallway, filling into pace beside her.

"Good morning Smiles"

she didn't respond.

she didn't even look at me

"You good Marci?" I asked, praying for any sort of response from her.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little sleepy" she responded drowsily, before taking in a deep breath and lifting her head.

"Okay then, good morning Grumps"

"If I'm grumps then what does that make you? Smiley? Because that's definitely not fair" She defended weakly.

"Whatever you say Grumps"

That got a smile out of her

"We've got P.E. together for first hour" I sighed, reading over today's schedule.

Marci groaned at that, her gaze falling back to the ground.

"Fuck" she whimpered, her disappointment radiating from her figure.

"Come on it can't be that bad" I teased as we reached the entrance to the gym and paused.

I wrapped my arm around her small shoulder and pulled her into my side, prepared to tease her further.

She flinched at my touch, almost unintentionally, and hissed in pain.

I creased my brow in concern at her action.

"You sure your good Grumps? We can skip, I drove today" I questioned her as we approached the class.

"Yeah uh It's fine- I'm fine." She mumbled, walking into the girls locker room to change.

Shes not fine.

★・・・・・・★

She is definitely not fine.

She never showed up to gym, and basically ditched me for the first three class periods.

When she didn't show up to English, I finally went looking for her, and after an entire hour of looking for her, I managed to find her inside of a handicap bathroom on the opposite end of campus from where she knew I would be. I only knew she was inside of the bathroom because her backpack was sitting outside of the door, and even after I knocked and talked to her for twenty minutes through the door, it was practically impossible to drag her from the room.