Chapter 8- Stopped

Tw for sensitive topics such as SA and abuse

Oh my Gosh.

I was skipping class.

With Ethan Gibson?

I'd talked to the boy before of course, but considering the fact that the last time I had spoken to him, I had been collapsed on the floor of the corridors, I hadn't truly appreciated how gorgeous this boy was.

Sitting next to him now, I had to force myself not to stare at him to keep from looking like a creep.

We had walked a block or two away from school, and were sitting on the edge of a bridge.

It was old, and clearly well loved, the colorful paint that once covered it now worn.

The park didn't have much stuff, just the bridge, a set of swings, and a small slide.

It looked slightly run down, and was void of children.

I felt bad for it almost, I know it can't get lonely, but I still felt guilty looking at the empty swings and the sad looking slide.

I finished observing the park, my gaze returning to Ethan, who was sitting beside me.

He was already looking at me

Our eyes met, but neither of us spoke.

The silence between us was comfortable, yet tense.

I let my gaze roam over his appearance, taking it in fully.

He had chocolate brown hair, that looked so soft I had to physically restrain myself from touching it.
It was slightly damp, and tossed into a mop of curls on top of his head.

His skin was tanner than mine, and I couldn't tear my eyes from every inch of it that was exposed. His arms were huge, like seriously huge and packed with muscle. His school shirt was untucked, and his tie was poorly tied, making him look deliciously disheveled.

He had on a pair of Nike runners that were practically sparkling. They were so clean that I began to wonder how often he cleaned them.

Did he clean them every single night? Because that seemed unreasonable. I couldn't imaging doing that.

I realized that I was rambling, even to myself, and skimmed over the rest of his body before tearing my gaze from him.

I spoke after a moment, breaking the lasting silence.

"How often do you clean your shoes?" I blurted, quickly covering my mouth and flushing red from embarrassment.

He laughed at my flustered expression, and I laughed too, something I seemed to do a lot around Ethan.

He was super funny, always doing odd stuff to make me laugh.

He didn't answer my question though, and I had to tell myself not to ask him again.

I moved my gaze forward again, staring off into the trees surrounding the park as I took in a deep breath.

I could feel Ethan's gaze on my face, and I felt my cheeks heat.

"How'd you get that?" he asked curiously, and I almost jumped out of my skin when he gently gripped my chin, turning me towards him.

His gaze wandered over my face, before fixating on my cheek.

He ran his thumb over a jagged scar on my right cheek, just below my eye.