Chapter 10- Sour

Marcella

"Looking for you, actually" the boy stated, staring straight at my brother.

"Why?" Joey questioned, his shoulders stiffening as it became clear to me that he was on alert again.

"I sort of need a favor." Hughie said hesitantly.

"I don't do favors for strangers." Joey snapped, clearly losing his patience already.

"Our sisters are friends," Hughie reminded my brother, motioning towards me. "Which means we're sort of friends, or acquaintances, maybe...no? Okay then."

"I don't do friends," Joey repeated coldly, shamelessly sizing up each of the boys in front of him . "And I don't do favors."

"Hey," Alec huffed from beside me, folding his arms across his chest in outrage. "Thanks a fucking lot, friend. What am I? Dog shit?"

"You're my friend" I told him as I reached back and patted his shoulder reassuringly. He smiled, clearly satisfied enough with that.

"Shut up, you dope," Podge grumbled at Alec, ignoring out antics. "Let Lynchy handle this."

"Fair enough," Hughie replied, with a shake of his head. "Clearly coming here was a bad idea."

"Clearly," Joey bit out, staring him down until I smacked his arm for him to stop. "See ya."

"What?" Gibsie demanded. "No, no, it was a brilliant idea, and I'm not leaving until I get what I came for."

"And what was that exactly?" Joey huffed.

"We're looking to take a trip to the spliffs of Moher, if you get me?" he chuckled, waggling his brows.

Joey stared blankly back at him and I burst into laughter at his ridiculous statement.

"We need drugs." Gibsie repeated bluntly and my laughter stopped.

"Jesus, Gibs," Hughie groaned, dropping his head in his hands. "Tact, lad. Tact."

"Drugs?" Joey cocked a brow. "And you came to me because?"

"Because we've heard the rumors," another boy said.

"Rumors?"

"From Hughie," Gibsie offered up.

"Jesus, Gibs." Hughie groaned

"He said you're off your trolley on drugs and I really need to borrow some of those." Gibsie stated, clearly oblivious to my brother's clenched fists that were seconds away from obliterating everything in his path.

"Thanks a fucking bunch, Gibs," Hughie spluttered, taking a safe step back from Joey at the notice of his tense figure.

"Joey are you dealing?" I asked, taking a step back and looking up at him, my stomach twisting at the idea of him selling drugs.

"No Marci I'm not dealing" he groaned, placing a reassuring hand on my arm and resuming his conversation. "And you thought that I could help you with that?" Joey snapped, resuming his previous conversation, and Gibsie nodded brightly in response.

"Look at me, asshole." Joey gestured to his training gear. "Do I look like a dealer?"

When he didn't immediately say no, Joey  narrowed his eyes at him and mine widened.

"I'm not a fucking dealer." Joey spat at him, and I now tuned out their voices, one hundred percent sure that whatever they had to say would only upset me further.