Chapter 3- "Great" first day

Marcella

I turned my head towards the loud voices of two boys behind me, just as the larger of the two flew into me, the number 7 plastered onto his jersey rushing towards my face.

I failed miserably as I tried to move out of the way, my ankle twisting and making an awful cracking sound.

I landed on the ground with a thud, a soft cry escaping my lips.

After a moment, I sat up, sighing in relief when I realized that I was completely fine, until the figure who had run into me collapsed on top of me, causing me to collapse to the ground again.

"owwww" I groaned, me head cracking the floor below me.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry", the boy on top of me said, not making any moves to get off of me.

He turned around to face me, eyes widening when he saw my face.

A shit eating grin spread across his face. The boys smile was so wide that I was shocked his cheeks didn't tear in half at that exact moment.

I grimaced in pain, not at my head, but at the immense amount of weight that this boy was exerting on my mid-rift.

"Damn, you're gorgeous" was all this boy said, after nearly killing me.

He was a sandy blonde with curls in his hair. He was huge, which I could tell based on the fact that I currently couldn't breathe.

"Get off of her ya big shithead" The other boy said from beside him. He was tall, scarily tall, clearly over six feet just based on my guess. He had lighter brown hair, and it was clearly wet from the rain.

He was also wearing a jersey, one with the number 2 pasted onto it.

The boy on top of me still didn't move, just staring at me slightly.

"Ah shit" he said, processing what his friend had said, rolling off of me finally as I gasped for air.

"Well fuck Gibs, ask her if she's okay" the other boy said.

When the blonde boy didn't ask, the brunette walked over to me, sticking his hand out to me. I flinched from the touch, immediately flushing red in embarrassment as I realized that he was offering to help me up.

I grabbed his hand, and he nearly pulled me upright when I felt a sharp pain shoot through my foot. I yelped in pain and collapsed back to the floor.

I looked back down at my foot. It was twisted in a very much unnatural way and despite the fact that my converse covered the majority of it, you could still see the discoloration on the flesh.

Clearly the brunette boy noticed my gaze because he also noticed my ankle, and winced.

"Shit we're going to have to take you to the nurse" He said, clearly frustrated.

"No, I'm okay I just need to walk it off" I responded warily. I really don't want to go to the nurse.

"Are you kidding me? No you can't" The boy responded.

"Yeah it's all black and blue and shit" the blonde.. or "Gibs" responded

"Seriously I'm okay" I spoke quickly, rising to my feet and hobbling over to my backpack that had flown across the room when I was hit.

I winced and bit back a scream when I slowly stepped onto my left foot, limping down the hallway and toward the stairs.

"Thank you for the offer though!" I smiled towards the boys from down the hallway and turned the corner before either could respond.

God I just hoped Shannon's day was great.

★・・・・・・★

It wasn't five minutes after I got to my next class before I got called down towards the office.

I hobbled back down the stairs, praying that neither of the boys had reported me when I heard a familiar voice screaming from the office door.

Mam.

I sped up as I walked towards the door, darting into the room and grabbing a hold of Mam just as she was about to lunge for the boy that Shannon was huddled around.

"Shhh mam what's wrong?" I spoke, trying to calm my mam.

"This boy has viscously attacked Shannon"

I turned towards the boy, and glared at him slightly.

He turned back to me and faced me eye to eye.

"I promise I didn't mean to hurt her, it was an accident" He spoke so quickly and in such a thick accent that I could barely understand.

Something about this boy told me to trust him, so I did.

"Mam, come on, let's go it was an accident" I spoke calmly, gently grabbing her arm and tugging her towards the door again.

She stormed out, and headed towards the exit, clearly forgetting why she even came in the first place as Shannon lay droopily in the chair next to the boy.

I sighed gently and limped over to her, wrapping my hands under her arms and lifting her towards me.

She winced at the motion, but quickly gave in, giving me most of her weight.

I almost fell over when she leaned against me, despite Shannon's small size, I could hardly hold her because of my quickly swelling ankle.

"Shite I'm so sorry" the boy spoke, tone laced with concern.

"It's okay Jimmy" Shannon spoke, tone so hushed I had to check if she was awake.

The boy mumbled something about that not being his name and then something about a river.

I adjusted myself so that she was leaning into my shoulder, and not my chest.

I turned to the boy urgently

"Where did she get hit?" I asked, tone shaky but calm.

"Fuck I think I messed up the girls head" he said, shaking his own head.

I sighed heavily and gave Shannon a soft smile before responding.

"Well thank you Johnny for helping my sister" I grinned at him, praying that I got his name right.

I turned towards the exit again, Mam nowhere to be seen, and limped towards it.

So much for Shan's great first day.

Authors note

I'm updating again!!! I know it took a sec but I'm on break and i've written two chapters so far. I'll probably edit them a bit, but they won't change significantly. I got to 50 views on the this story so I just wanted to thank you guys so much!!! Ily all!!!
WC- 1069
- Authorrrr