Chapter 17- Last Minute Visits

Marcella

"Ma-mee "

"Ma- mee"

"hushhh" I slurred deliriously as the baby on top of me slid his sticky hands over my face. "Mammy's tired"

"Seany got poos"

With those words, Sean was swiped from my chest and taken to the bathroom by Shannon.

I was entirely grateful for my sister taking him, not only because it meant there would be no toddler taking a fat crap on my chest, but also because I was entirely incapable of taking the toddler to the bathroom in the first place.

My back was on fire, and my chest burned with every breath I took, yet somehow I had slept through the night.

How the hell had I done that?

I rolled onto my side, trying my best to ignore the stabbing sensation shooting through my entire body, and reached for my bedside table.

I swiped my hand over the table to grab my phone, but came up empty.

I tiredly tossed my hand around the table some more, knocking off various small items and groaning as they clattered to the floor.

Then it all came back to me.

Last night

A grin spreads across my face as I recalled my phone call from last night, and pulled my phone from under my sheets.

It was fully dead, and I was sure that I'd be well out of minutes once it was charged again, but I couldn't find it in me to be upset.

Because I slept through the night

I could count on one hand the times I had done that since Sean was born.

"Mam said that we can go to Claire's today!" Shannon burst back through our bedroom door, pulling me from my thoughts. She was smiling harder than I had seen in weeks, and digging through our wardrobe for clothes. She tossed tops and pants every which way, trying to match an outfit.

"Christ Ella, I've no clue what I'm going to wear" she sighed, trying to pair a tank top with a random pair of jeans.

I groaned loudly as I pulled myself from the warmth of my sheets and trudged towards Shannons bed.

I rummaged through the drawer and grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved floral top, then tossed them in Shannons direction. When the blue jeans smacked her across the back of her head, proving my toss to be a miss, Shannon whipped around to look at me.

She began to glare at me, but her attention quickly turned to the clothes that were now lying on the floor and she beamed at the pair I had made.

"Oh my gosh thank you!" she beamed at me with astonishment, quickly pulling her sleeping jumper off and beginning to put her shirt on, while I started to look through the wardrobe for an outfit for myself.

I pulled out a pair of pink sweats, and a white long sleeved shirt, beginning to slip out of my clothes when I heard a gasp from behind me.

I whipped around, prepared for disaster, but came face to face with Shannon, who scared the shit out of me, and I stumbled backwards, falling to the ground and taking my bedside lamp down with me with a crash.

Pain erupted in my body so ferociously that rather than screaming, I made a horrible gargling noise and collapsed.

"Ow shit Shan" I groaned in pain once I had recollected myself "Whats wrong?"

"Your back!" she choked out, her expression horrified as she rushed toward me.

Her face was a tone of gray that I was sure mine resembled.

"Its all good Shannon, it doesn't even hurt" lie

"Seriously, don't worry about it" im worried

"Okay..." Shannon hesitated her gaze lingering on my sprawled figure for an uncomfortable amount of time, "Claire's brother Hughie will be here to pick us up in a half an hour, so you might want to get dressed" she finished, before swiftly walking out of our room, leaving me in silence.

I pulled my shirt from my body, dragging my arm from the sleeves with calculated yet painful tugs, and slid a fresh one on, tears brimming in my eyes from the stinging pain in my back as I did so.

Authors Note

Heyyyy

IMPORTANT
If you want to see the character aesthetic boards for this story, my pinterest is called "defnotkaty" (accidential name reveal?) the board has over a thousand pins... but honestly i had so much fun making it, so if you feel that you still need some sort of context or a faceclaim for these characters, feel fully free to check it out! (Please dooo im so proud of it!)

END OF IMPORTANT STUFF

May or may not be publishing from school rn... anywayyyyy

How are my american queens doing on their first week back from spring break... where'd you go?

ALSO FID YOU GET MY INCREDIBLE PUN IN THE NAME!!! (last minute cuz she used the phone with ethan till she ran out of minutes and because she's suddenly hanging out with claire!!)

ily alll (you are so loveddd)

- Katy?

WC- 848