Chapter 19- Lead the Way

Marci

Brian!" Gibsie was roaring as Ethan and I approached the bathroom. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He turned on the water and grabbed the shower head. "God, that's the worst fucking thing I've ever smelled in my life."

"Yeah, I know, Gerard," Claire hissed, covering her nose and mouth with her hand while using the other to pour bleach into the tub. "I can smell it too, you know."

"He did this on purpose," he told her, tone accusing. "Because I put him out of my room last night. He's punishing me."

"He's glaring at you," she told him.

"I know." Gibsie shuddered. "Just pick him up and put him in the utility room."

"He's glaring at me now," Claire squeaked, scrambling away from the cat.

"He's trying to intimidate you, babe," Gibsie coaxed. "Don't look him in the eyes."

Me and Ethan remained huddled near the door, where Shannon also lie, covering her mouth and nose, both to smother laughter, and the smell of absolute death that was filling the bathroom.

"Christ, he's scarier than Mr. Mulcahy," Claire groaned, shrinking behind Gibsie's huge frame.

"Just come up from behind him and scoop him up," he instructed as he held the shower hose in front of them like a weapon. "Keep his paws away from you –hold him away from your body and run."

"I am not picking him up, Gerard," Claire hissed, eyes wide. "He looks like he's two seconds away from murdering me."

"I'll protect you," he vowed valiantly.

"You're afraid of him!"

"Fine, hold this," he grumbled, passing my friend the hose. "I'll put the fucker out."

"Do you think we should hose him down?" Claire asked. "He's got poo all over his fur." "

"Fuck no," Gibsie exclaimed. "Last time I tried to clean his ass, he maimed me."

Shannon laughed out loud. "It's not fucking funny, Shannon," Gibsie grumbled. "I had to get a tetanus shot because of him."

"I'm sorry," she snickered, and I clamped a hand over my mouth to prevent from doing the same.

"I'm not laughing at you, I promise," she chuckled.

"More at the situation." I added, studying the furry feline.

"He looks like the cat from Inspector Gadget." Shannon continued.

"Yeah, well he's certainly evil enough," Gibsie replied. "Some nights I wake up and he's on my bed, standing over me with those evil little eyes." He shook his head.

"Nice try, you would have to wake up in your own bed for that to be possible" Ethan told him from beside me.

"They should have never neutered him. He's been in a homicidal mood ever since. Would have been an easier life to let the poor bastard keep his balls." Gibsie continued, ignoring his brother's comment.

"Poor lad" Ethan grumbled from beside me, his gaze locked on the cat.

"Go on, Gerard," Claire coaxed, shoving Gibsie towards the tub. "You can do this. I have every faith in you."

"Ah fuck, okay! Okay!" With his arms stretched out, Gibsie prowled towards the cat. "Here kitty kitty," he coaxed, reaching over the tub to pick him out. "Good pussy... that's right... I love pussies...I do... I won't hurt you– ahhhhh!" Brian snarled and whacked a paw at Gibsie, who, in turn, screamed like a girl and dove behind Claire. "Bad fucking pussy," he choked out, dragging Claire away from the flailing cat who was hissing and spitting at them both.