Chapter 9- Do I know you?

Marcella

I giggled as a gust of air whipped my hair into my eyes, then whipped it away, and back again.

My feet flew up in the air, the chilly autumn air hitting me.

I swung back downwards, the swing set suddenly shaking violently.

"Ethan!" I yell, both scared and amused.

"I'm too fat!" he yelled, and I burst out into laughter, partially at the fact that he had said the word fat, and partially to the fact that it was just so blatantly untrue.

He jumped off of the front of the swing, sticking the landing and saluting me afterward.

I swung downwards from the sky a second time, the shaking from Ethan's jump rattling the swing set again and I slipped, my butt falling from the rubber seat.

I slid backwards, and tried to grasp the chains of the swing, desperately failing.

Just before my back hit the ground, arms reached under me, hooking me beneath my armpits and lifting me to my feet.

I giggled hysterically, the persons hands accidentally tickling me, and I pushed them off of me, wiping hysteric tears from my eyes.

"Holy fuck you're ticklish" Ethan teased, retracting his hands from under my arms as I collapsed in a hysterical heap on the mulch.

I tried my best to calm down, gasping for air through fits of giggles.

When I'd finally gained composure, Ethan was staring at me, his gaze burning holes in the top of my head.

I looked up at him, blushing at the amused look on his face.

God his face

wait

I know that face?

Then it clicked, I knew this boy.

How could I be so stupid?

Vague images of him and that odd brother of his flashed through my mind and I dug through my mind trying to place where I knew them from.

I immediately grinned at the memory of him, contemplating whether or not to mention it.

I wonder if he remembered me?

I couldn't resist the urge anymore when I started giggling.

"Stefanio?" I choked out between laughs, and his eyes furrowed in confusion, before they widened comically.

"You remember that?" He asked me, looking absolutely shocked at this revelation.

"I'm just as surprised as you are" I joked grabbing his hand that I just now realized he had offered me and pulling myself to my feet.

"It's all kind of coming back to me now" I said, as I pieced together that night in my head.

I sighed heavily, pulling my feet off of the dashboard and climbing out of the car, which Joey had borrowed from Aoife for the night.

He had hurling after school, and since he was also my ride home from school, I had been stuck here for hours.

I didn't even have Shannon, because she wasn't going to school before break since she was transferring.

It was dark now, and getting colder out, the Autumn air hitting my face as I walked towards the illuminated pitch.

Joe had told me to wait in the car, but quite frankly if I sat in the car for one more second, I would fall asleep, and a fifteen year old girl asleep in an unlocked car at night didn't seem like a great scenario to be in.