Chapter 18- Crushes, Cats, and Crisis

Ethan

"Gibs come on this is creepy" I hissed at my fuck nut of a brother as he leaned closer to the bedroom door we were standing outside of and eavesdropped.

"Shhhh they're talking about boysss" he teased, listening in on the girl's conversation.

We were at Claire Biggs house, of course, because I couldn't seem to keep Gibsie away from her despite Hughie's retaliation.

Claire had some friends over, Lizzie Young and someone else I guessed.

Gibsie had been lingering outside of the bedroom door for far too long now as our cat sat in the bathroom, shitting its guts out.

Giggles erupted from the other side of the door, and I snapped to attention at the familiarity of them.

Marci

I inched closer to the door beside Gibsie, now listening in as well.

"Oh so now your interested" he mocked, nudging me with his shoulder.

Yeah. Now I was interested.

Because after our late night call last night, I had texted her, and I still hadn't gotten a text back.

I knew I shouldn't care, it was just a stupid text message, but after last night, I couldn't seem to get my phone call with Marci off of my mind.

Because I had slept through the night.

I hadn't done that in months.

Nevertheless in that room.

Gibsie flung the door to Claire's room open while I was mid- thought.

"Oh my god," Claire shrieked, tossing a pillow at the tall, blonde, hunk of a dumbass that my brother was.

"I have a problem!" Gibsie announced, catching the pillow mid-air.

"Gerard!" Claire hissed, glaring. "Have you ever heard of knocking?"

"There's no time," he replied. "I need your help, babe."

"I'm not your babe," Claire grumbled. "What if I had been naked in here?"

"Then I would die a happy man," he retorted and I watched as the jaw of each of the four girls in Claire's room dropped.

Lizzie was there, I was right about that, and Shannon was sat beside her, curled up against a pillow with a bag of snacks set in her lap.

There, sat beside Shannon, and tucked under a fluffy pink blanket, was Marci.

Her hair was flowing freely down her back, she was wearing a pair of pink joggers with a white shirt, and her feet were dressed in a pair of pink polka dot socks.

Her small frame was lying against the headboard, her head rested on a pillow as she stared back at me curiously.

Fuck she was so hot.

"It's the cat." Gibsie continued beside me, distracting me from my ogling.

"Brian?" Claire questioned.

"You named your cat Brian?" Shannon chuckled.

"He's not my cat," Gibsie replied. "I don't even like cats." I frowned at that.

"I hate cats." I complained, thinking of the white ball of fur that was shitting down the Biggs drain at the moment.

"Then whose is he?" Marci questioned from the bed.

"Our Mam's," Gibsie replied, gesturing to me.

"He's her pride and joy."

"And the favorite child" I added.