Chapter 21- Easy Peasy

Marci

I stepped out of the huge shower, shivering when my feet came in contact with the frigid tiled floor, and hobbled over to the towel wrack, pulling down the first one I saw.

I moaned in satisfaction as I wrapped the warm fabric of the towel around my bare body and it numbed sting of the cold air surrounding me.

The entire bathroom had been engulfed in a wave of steam due to my ridiculously hot shower. I always had to shower last at home, so there was never hot water left for me, therefore, I did not waste such an opportunity.

The shower mirror was completely blurred by mist, with water droplets dripping down it. I walked over to it and dragged my finger along the steamed mirror, drawing designs with my fingertips. I drew a smiley face, but the smiley face seemed lonely, so I drew it another smile, which made my first smiley face happy, so I made it smile wider, and by the end of it, I had created a whole smiley family.

I suddenly remember where I was, and that I should probably put clothes on.

I sighed deeply and scanned the bathroom for any clothes, but came up empty aside from the clothes I had already removed that were clustered in the corner, a horrific smell wafting from them.

I carefully stepped towards them, and rummaged through the pile until I got to my bra and underwear, which were thankfully untouched for the most part.

I slid on my underwear and held onto my bra for a moment while I contemplated if I actually wanted to put it on over the scratches that had been left on my chest from my cat maiming, and the remaining welts on my back from the previous night with my father.

I plugged my nose and used my other hand to lift up the remaining wad of clothes with the other half of my arm holding the towel to my body as I prayed that Ethan wouldn't be in his room when I snuck back in to get clothes.

I cracked open the door of Ethan's en-suite bathroom, sighing heavily to warn him of my presence in case he was there.

he wasn't.

thank god.

I padded towards the edge of his bed where the clothes he had picked out sat, and grabbed the pair of boxer shorts he had left and the ginormous sweatshirt.

who the hell did this even fit?

goddamn this boy was a giant

I looked around the room a second time, before dropping my towel and picking up the boxer shorts.

They were a deep shade of green, which made sense considering Ethan had told me on multiple occasions that green was his favorite color.

does that mean these are his favorite boxers?

he gave ME his favorite boxers?

no he didn't don't be a fool.

I pulled the shorts over my hips, shaking them lightly to slide them through the elastic, and (after rolling the waistband a few times) thankfully they stayed on.

The only issue was that since I had to roll the shorts, their length had decreased by half, and my butt hung out of the back of them.

goddamn my fat ass

yeah sure, in your dreams

I ignored it since the sheer length of the sweatshirt that lie in front of me was sure to cover my butt and much more.

talk about modesty.

I finally came to the mental conclusion that I needed to put my bra on if I was going to wear Ethan's clothes, if I didn't, it would just be too weird.