Chapter 13- Spicy Babies

Marcella

I lie sprawled across the soft blue couch, my pink pinstriped pajama clad legs tossed across Ethans lap. I was laughing lightly when people spoke, even though I couldn't hear a thing they were saying.

I could hardly remember the contents of the afternoon, from changing out of my costume in Claire's room, to maybe possibly smoking like a half of a joint, to lying limp on the couch.

Clearly I didn't handle my drugs well.

I was astonished at how my brother could smoke so often and still function.

I was exhausted, and while the feeling of exhaustion was all too common to me, the fact that I was showing it was rare.

I felt my eyes flutter shut, despite my best wishes, and felt darkness begin to consume me.

Just then, Ethan gently shook my foot, and my eyes fluttered back open.

I smiled at him, he smiled at me, and I drowned back into my thoughts.

This cycle had happened repeatedly over the past hour, yet I was still fighting sleep.

I groaned as the room began spinning again, and swore to myself that I would never smoke again.

Ethan laughed from the end of the couch, and leaned forward to look at my face.

I just then realized that the blunt I had hit like ten minutes prior, was still between my fingers.

I lifted it to my lips foolishly, taking a hit in the hopes that this time it would serve its intended purpose, to up my mood.

I took a deep drag, inhaling until the smoke burned my lungs.

Just then the joint was plucked from between my fingers and put out on the wooden table.

I gasped in pretend offense and sat up quickly to face my cigarette thief.

Ethan stared back at me, chuckling deeply at my offended expression.

"How could you?" I slurred, more than I expected considering I didn't even think I was that high. "I didn't get to finish it!"

"That's your fourth joint Marcella" he corrected, sighing as he gestured to the discarded papers on the table. "You keep dozing off and grabbing a new one"

"Oh" I sighed, sitting up and slumping unnaturally against the side of the couch.

"Frick" I mumbled as I slid forward fully, and face planted into Ethan's lap.

He flinched violently, lifting my head and readjusting me to sit further down his legs as the rest of the people in the room began laughing at us.

I forgot everyone else was in the room.

I forgot where I was.

I forgot when I was.

Shit wait no.

I sat crouched over unnaturally with my head in the boys lap and my legs tucked under me.

I groaned in discomfort and Ethan sighed once again, reaching under my thighs, which caused me to giggle, and pulling them out from beneath me.

I then flipped onto my back and tucked my knees back to my chest.

Ethan set his arms back down, one lining the arm of the couch above my head, and one lying across my stomach.

I finally opened my eyes again, for the first time since faceplant, and came face to face with Ethan.