Chapter 11- Long Time No See

Marcella

So there I was an hour later, dressed as baby spice, despite the fact that Joey had told me a million times that it was in fact, not a 90's party.

Hey once I heard 90's I was hooked, no changing that.

When we entered the party, I immediately knew that I would be thriving tonight, for three reasons.

1. I saw one of my friends from primary school, Claire Biggs, who was also dressed as Baby Spice, and another one of my primary school friends, Lizzie Young, leaning against a wall with a drink in hand, scoping out the crowd.

2. This party meant that Joey and I didn't have to go home yet. Just a few more hours of freedom.

3. Sausage rolls

I immediately headed towards Lizzie, since she didn't seem to be in the greatest mood, and I was hoping to cheer her up.

When she saw me approaching, she looked me up and down, glaring at me as if I was a threat, before recognition flashed in her gaze and she immediately smiled at me.

It was a typical bitch move, which Lizzie was always full of.

Lizzie wasn't a mean girl though. Her carelessly cruel attitude was only a defense mechanism.

That was the problem with Lizzie, she was so adamant on being mean to people, that most people didn't look far enough into her to see that she was only trying to protect herself.

From what? I didn't know.

But I did know that there was no way in hell that I would take anything she said to heart, because well.

Hurt people hurt people.

And while I refused to be one of those people, Lizzie was, and I had no right to judge her for it.

I had seen enough people judge my brother to know that I shouldn't do it to Lizzie.

I smiled back at her, leaning against the wall next to her and sighing.

"Long time no see" I greeted

"Why are you at a Tommen party?" she asked me, clearly trying her best to be kind, and not processing my greeting.

"Joey is kinda dumb" I shot back dejectedly.

"Do I even wanna know?"

"Not really" I laughed.

"How's BCS?" she asked, clearly still trying her best to be friendly.

"Not so great for Shan, so we're transferring to Tommen next week" I said, smiling at the excitement coursing through me.

"Really?" she questioned, "I thought you liked BCS?"

"I did, but Shan's miserable and I really think this could be a game changer for her" I responded before we fell into a comfortable silence.

I broke it of course.

"Hey will you keep an eye out on Shan for me?" I asked her "I can't keep an eye on her all the time, and It would mean a lot to me"

Lizzie laughed at my question.

"What?" I asked, slightly offended but trying me best to hide it.

"You and Joey really do have a lot in common" she laughed.

"And of course I'll keep an eye on her for you, don't even worry about it"

"Thanks Liz!"

"No problem Marc'" She said, sighing before walking off towards the drink table.

I scanned the room once again, seeing Aoife and Casey, her best friend, huddled together with a tiny red head on the couch.

I walked towards them, concern sparking in the pit of my stomach when I saw Aoifes sad face.

"Hey Aoif!" I greeted, sitting down on the couch next to her and leaning my head on her shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" she asked "Joey hates it when you go to parties"

"Yeah but he either had to waste gas to drive me home and bring me home a duffel bag of sausage rolls or bring me." I explained, "Apparently bringing me was the favored option"

"You know, your brother's a real bitch" Casey snapped, immediately reminding me of her presence.

"Tell me about it" I joked dryly with a grin on my face.

"He really hurt Aoife, and I don't think she should be around him OR you" she said as Aoife slapped her arm for the rude remark.

I stiffened.

Did Joey break up with Aoife?

"Shit Aoife, I'm so sorry, I had no idea" I apologized before standing up from the couch and turning back to the kitchen

"Wait Marci I'm sorry-" Aoife began apologizing and grabbed my shoulder to stop me.

"Seriously Aoif it's okay" I said, turning to face her.

"Just promise me one thing" I pleaded, now feeling desperate.

I didn't know he had hurt her.

"Please don't give up on Joe" I asked her "He won't ever give up on you"

I don't know why I said it, but something gave me the feeling that she really needed to hear it.

Aoife stared into my eyes, her desperate gaze boring into mine.

I turned around and walked away from her before she could respond, walking back to the kitchen, and towards the large group surrounding the marble kitchen island.

Could a drink or two really hurt?

Authors Note
oh dear god this is boring and i'm so sorry. i have a health test tomorrow and i am stressing so hard. genuinely on the verge of a breakdown, so if anyone has good ideas to spice up the next chapter, i would love to hear them because i genuinely had to force myself to write this ( you can tell and i'm so sorry). I hope you have a great night, and if you're reading this late, it's your sign to go to sleep.

Ilysm!! (you are loved <3)

- Author

WC- 919