Chapter 22- Off We Go

Ethan

What was I thinking bringing Marci to Biddies?

Well I knew what I was thinking. I was thinking that if I didn't get the girl out of my bedroom I would fuck her... which given my past, wouldn't end well for the both of us.

Either way it was too late to turn back now.

Far too late, I thought to myself as I glanced at the girl having an animated conversation with Patrick Feely, who was listening contently and nodding his head occasionally to show her such.

I smiled as I looked at her in admiration. I didn't have the slightest clue what she was talking about, but whatever it was she was sure as hell passionate.

"Quit staring you look like a bleeding eejit" Johnny hissed from beside me, his intoxication becoming more and more clear to me with each word he spoke.

"Christ lad have you looked at her? I can't." I groaned, forcing myself to tear my gaze from the blonde beauty.

"Trust me lad, I know how you feel" Johnny slurred before standing from the table and stumbling to Gibsie, who was currently trying to do a body shot off of himself.

I returned my gaze back to Marci, despite Johnny's advice not to, because I just couldn't help myself.

She was still wearing my clothes, her small frame drowning in the dark fabric of my sweatshirt and covering the green material of my favorite pair of boxers.

Marci said something then that caused Patrick to throw his head back in laughter, and I felt a pang of jealousy hit me square in the chest.

I tried to ignore it, knowing damn well that Feely of all people wouldn't dare steal someone's girl, despite being fully capable, but the toxic feeling still ached in my chest.

Marci looked over at me then, noticing my fixed gaze on her and beamed at me.

seriously beamed

The smile that overtook this girls face was so vibrant and contagious that it genuinely took me aback.

I returned her smile, which only caused hers to grow further, before she fucking winked at me, and turned back to Feely.

My chest flooded in heat with her small action and I didn't even bother to ignore it this time, knowing damn well that I liked this girl.

and christ was she a catch.

As I watched Marci continue to ramble I realized that Gibsie and Johnny had disappeared from the party, their shot glasses left long abandoned on the counter.

shit.

shit!

Marci must have noticed too because before I knew it she had detached from Feely and glued herself to my side, concern etched on her face.

"Where did Gibs go?" she questioned when she finished her full observation of the pub one more time for either of the boys, once again coming up empty.

She sighed gently before she turned to me, her concern seemingly fading.

"How far could they have gone right?" she questioned, grabbing onto my hand and heading for the door.

"Off we go" she continued as she pushed open the glass door of the pub and we slid out into the night.

Right

Off we go. I thought to myself, as I grinned uncontrollably from the warmth of the girls hand in mine.

★・・・・・・★

Authors Note

Okay I pinkie promise I'm done venting, but may I say, I've had even more shit go down since my last update and ya girl is STRUGGLING. anyhow ik this chapter is short but the next scene it too long to squish into this one( do yk where this is goinggg)

anyhow ily all! (you are so fucking loved 💕)

- Kat